View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 12:39 PM   #4
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

The key to this looks to be the looms. I have spent some time over the weekend plucking detail out of a few wiring diagrams. The AFF diagrams are better than anything else I've found on line because all the text is searchable - online stuff are scans with OCR and the OCR is a bit hit and miss. The only downside to the AFF pages is that it is broken into multiple pages and needs a search on each page. Manageable.

I have had a focus on wiring for the auto wipers sensor, the auto lights switch, the sunload sensor, the ambient temp sensor - which is somewhere up the front of the engine bay - the different plugs for the climate control, additional motors and sensors in the HVAC unit, the lines to the drivers and passengers doors for the power folding mirrors and the heated seats.

Some need extra relays - certainly the auto lights has it's own relay, and the power mirror has a 'mirror opening' relay and a 'mirror closing' relay. I'll have to watch for that. There's one big-**** loom that covers 90% of the car - it goes right down the left and right sides of the chassis, boot, cabin, engine bay - and joins in the middle through the dash. There's a separate engine loom for diesels, standard petrols, and the ST150, but the main loom also varies depending on the engine type. There's a dash and cabin loom that connects through everything on the dash. There's a tailgate loom. And there's a roof loom that picks up the overhead lights and rain sensor.

Other discoveries following some of the loom maps is that some models have single and double locking. Some models have auto-leveling headlights. But I cannot find any factory looms for park sensors. So it looks like reverse park aids are all add-on modules with no CAN integration.

The GEM is in control of many of the advanced functions, as I can find rain sensor lines, auto headlight switch and relay lines etc all feeding into lines on the GEM. So i am keen to hook up an IDS to see whether all those options can be activated or not, or if there are different GEM part numbers like there are different BEM part numbers for Falcons/Territories.

I still have some mapping to do - but the next bit is to go on a search of all the loom part numbers to see what I can find - and for that I'm on the hunt for an old dodgy Microcat or eCat.....

Lukeyson