View Single Post
Old 24-03-2019, 01:43 AM   #12
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

I hit enter before finishing that off.

Going to break this into 3 parts:

(1) Powerfold and Heated side mirrors - looks simple the heating element on the mirrors runs oni the same circuit as the back window demister. And the door looms already have both the powerfold and the heated lines in it already. I have yet to check whether the rest of the main body loom does, but so far so good. These can be enabled in the GEM by the IDS, as the GEM triggers the mirrors at startup and shutdown.

(2) Auto lights and Wipers - will be next, as it is just a matter of switch, sensors and overhead loom. The auto lights are driven by the GEM and this one may be trickier to activate. It is not available as a configurable item in the IDS, but it might be available as an option in the As-Built parameter field. This will require me either finding and existing bitwise map for the as built field, or it may share some common bits with the focccus as-built configuration for the MkIII Focus.

(3) Climate Control - so far the looms and the EATC module seem simple enough. But finding a loom with ABS/ESP/Airbags/Foglights AND Climate Control will be hard. As it is RHD specific, it is only the UK where I can look. But the other bit is the HVAC module. It might be simple enough to find the actuators, but I don't know if I'd be missing anything in trying to retrofit them to an standard hvac.

Heated Seats with full leather (rather than the materal/leather seats sold in Oz) are probably off the menu due to shipping. But I'll continue to dream......

Luke