View Single Post
Old 30-03-2019, 03:49 PM   #15
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

The LS/LT Focus has a dual-zone climate control module. It looks to fit in the exact same bezel surround as the Fiesta single zone module. The connectors on the back look identical, and I've just done a pin mapping - and all the SZ pins map to the same pins for the DZ. Everything in the DZ module for the LH zone matches the single zone. The additional pins are for the drivers zone. There are some minor differences to watch for - the sunload sensor on the focus goes to two pins. The Blower Motor has a feedback line on the focus. But otherwise there's duplicates for the panel temp sensor for left and right, the foot outlet temp sensor, and for the drivers side air temp.

I'm not incredible hopeful that this would all work. But what I do know is that these modules are in Australia, and I wouldn't have to fork out an extra $100 just to ship it over. Also, all the actuators and motors for the HVAC on the Focus use the same part numbers as that on the Fiesta HVAC. Also, since the HVAC is supposed to be for both LH and RH markets, there SHOULD be locations on both sides of the box for the temp actuator - it would just be a matter of figuring out how to engineer a split-flap arrangement in the box - assuming the Focus split flaps wouldn't just work.

Suddenly sensors, actuators, etc all seem achievable physically. I think the road block is going to happen with the diagnostics side. And I still am having a hard time locating a Dash wiring loom that supports RHD, Manual, Airbags, ESP, Foglights AND Auto Climate Control.

This could all count for nought. But I am having a great time doing the research anyway.

Lukeyson