View Single Post
Old 21-05-2019, 02:44 PM   #20
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

I'm certainly keen on giving this a go too. if I have any luck I'll certainly be sharing it.

I have an XR4 wreck at home now that I can try this without breaking the road car. But I'm focusing on the MTX75 just at this moment (5 speed swap), and have the wreck up on the hoist getting the IB5 out. I'll be sharing the specs for fabricating the mounts, the driveshafts and the gear change linkage in the other thread.

I am still on the lookout for Focus LS Dual Zone Climate Controlled heater Box, Dash Controls, the Dash loom and all the temp sensors, so if you are aware of anyone parting out an LS Focus Ghia let me know. Each place I've asked so far says they've tossed that stuff out on previous cars since no-one wants them. One place in SA will sell me the whole dashboard and box as a 'kit' but won't split it, and shipping that bastard is a bit expensive, especially so if I'm just tossing away the dash itself at the end, the bulkiest piece. There are some Ghia's in Sydney that I've yet to try, but going through a wrecker means paying wrecker tax....and having to deal with wreckers ..... last resort stuff.

I have a friend travelling to the UK this September, so I might hold off until then before I order any UK parts for bringing back. I only have the weekends to make progress, and at the moment I am also trying to finish building additions to my shed.

Luke