View Single Post
Old 18-06-2019, 02:34 PM   #28
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

I have some bits coming my way soon. Giggedy.

From a 2007 LT Focus Cabrio CA5 (which is actually slightly different to the LT Saloon CB4 - different manuals/wiring diagrams) - the Cabrio seems to be the only Aus models with the auto lights/wipers - none of the Ghia sedans seem to have them at all.

(1) Manual Shifter & Cables (For the 2.5 thread - MTX75 swap)
(2) Rain/Light Sensor & Adhesive Bracket/Covers - all the same part numbers as that used in the Fiesta. I was hoping for what passes as the 'roof wiring loom' as well but will likely only get the temp sensor connector.
(3) Map lights - the one's with the Alarm Sensor, the 'Ambient' lights, and separate drivers/passengers map lights. I'll post pics. Won't be able to use the sensor, and the Ambient light may need an extra wire routed to make it work. These are the same as those found in the PX Ford Ranger.
(4) Auto Lights Switch - with Headlight Level dial AND the rheostat for adjusting dash lights. These switches plug straight into the Fiesta Dash AND loom connector - although the wiring is ever so slightly different. By "rheo for dash lights" I mean the night lights in all teh dash switches - the heater dials, the demister buttons, the factory radio, the 'overhead ambient light' etc. In the Fiesta these normally feed direct from the Instrument Cluster I believe, but in the Focus they go via the Rheo to adjust the light level. I will make an attempt on this.
(5) Auto Climate Control Module - yes I know, another one. The LS and LT modules are actually quite different in appearance with the LT one being way cooler looking. The functionality, pinouts and facia/bezel opening profile are pretty close to identical, so I would like to experiment with it.

And from overseas I have ordered some parts from https://shop.euroimpex.lt/ - good prices, an english page, easy payment, reasonable shipping, and a 'cheap' SZ Climate Module - the URL makes it look italian maybe?:

(1) An original Fiesta Single Zone Auto Climate Control module - for the fall-back position should my dual-zone experiments completely fail.
(2) A C-Max map light - that has everything the Focus LT one does bar the Alarm Sensors. Believe me, they look a lot different and this would be the one I'd prefer if it is in good condition.

In the meantime, I've disassembled the LS focus Dash I acquired, and now have a range of temp sensors, actuators, and a loom that needs to be broken down to pull out the climate specific connectors for a range of experiments....

Still on the lookout for a WP/WQ Fiesta heaterbox for standalone testing.

Lukeyson