View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 12:28 PM   #6
Ken_AUXR8

Default Re: which OBD2 unit to buy

Mine is a Series 1.

I had to follow the instructions to the letter in the first instance as i do recall having some initial issues on getting it working. But essentially once it was paired to my phone ok, i tap the little connect button (looks like a power plug) at the top of the screen and it connects.

Here's what i normally do
1. Plug unit into odb port
2. Turn ignition to on, but no need to start vehicle
3. Open forscan app and hit connect, making sure bluetooth is enabled beforehand of course.
4. Watch pretty lights on the front of the dongle flash many times. Eventually (10-15 secs) it comes up and asks me what variant Au body it is eg ute, sedan.

Then i am able to access menus and options ok.
As mentioned I've used it with three different android phones, so maybe try another device.

As per my previous post it works on my Au and Fiesta but not my FGII. Some folks appear to have it running fine with FGs so i don't know why sometimes they work and sometimes not on different models.

I'd say try different phones. Maybe contact the eBay seller for support too, or someone in here with an Au series 3 might have some ideas.

I'll try and find the instructions to mine and post them if you have no success. Might be the same instructions you received though.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
Ken_AUXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: