View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 04:58 PM   #1
Bobthekelpy
Starter Motor

Default 2010 TDCI Powershift problems

Hi All,

First post, so to get started, hi.

I have a 2010 TDCI Powershift Mondeo wagon and have started experiencing some intermittent issues. I have only owned it for about 7 months, it has 135,000k's. Oil (transmission) was changed at 120,000k service by Ford.

So far it seems to be the same three fault codes popping up. One for an input/output sensor on the Powershift (Ford quoting nearly $3k to fix). Second one is the active grille shutter. Thirdly the ECM.

Now, the symptoms are under normal driving, at complete random times it will highlight the information symbol on the dash and Check Transmission will appear in text.

The car will then over rev, and then only select odd gears for eg: 5th then 3rd etc. If I turn the car off and re start it the problem resets and it will drive normally again.

I am reluctant to just throw money at it hoping we change the right parts, so am waiting for it to happen again so Ford can read the fault codes whilst "live" without any ignition cycles.

I had a look through the grille and noticed it does appear to have one broken vain on the shutter, so that might explain that fault code. Ford seemed concerned about this, but, I can't see it contributing to the shifting problems?? No overheating issues with it at all.

So for the collective, any suggestions at to what might be going on? Where the problem is? Anyone experienced similar?
Bobthekelpy is offline   Reply With Quote