View Single Post
Old 16-10-2019, 06:46 PM   #250
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: what falcon is the next collectable

Originality always a good thing.

The Barras (and Intech SOHC) are what the Aussie Hemi was, for our times. They are currently being used and killed off as cheap, but after they are gone, where do everyday Australians get anything as reliable for long term ownership in such a decent package? My guess is electric drivetrain with far fewer parts.

For the 90's it will be the Tickfords, for 2000s any clean original Barra with the turbos and 8's more.

I note my son's mates all converting over to Barra FGs, any of these to survive the P plate stage they will be nostalgia buys in the future, with the halo models they aren't allowed now worth even more.

Myself I have fond memories of the BA-F XR6, used to hang to get one as a hire car and mostly be disappointed with VZ Commys or Magnas (Magna was actually quite OK). Drove a red BF XR6 on work trip in country SA and people reacted as if it was a Lambo, so much attention!

The other influence is that the 70's muscle is getting to very high levels in price, son checked out some pricing recently and was stunned how much it has gone up in the last 3 years. So 90s/00s currently has a far more attractive cost price while having the substance behind it (Barra).