View Single Post
Old 18-04-2018, 07:32 PM   #3
bundybear75

Default Re: Engine malfunction warning and P244C DTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Might be an idea to daily check the soot loading with forscan if you are going to keep driving it, just in case.

If it gets too high (don't know exactly what's too high) the DPF may not regenerate.
The max is usually around 80% on mine.

The differential pressure sensor and hoses are another possibility, and the vapouriser cokes up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=AAPSAnB4G2Q

Hopefully a glitch.
Worked out how to set up the gauges and watched them today driving to work. DPF soot levels started at 90%.

Almost as soon as I started driving the EGT and CAT temps went up to 650'C. Soot levels dropped down to about 25% over about 15/20km then EGT's dropped down to 200ish.

Then the soot levels slowly started building up for the next 50km to around 45% when I returned the ELM scanner to its owner (Rob the Coffee Van Man) and continued the next 50km to work. Looks like the burn must happen every 150/200km?

Some "Googling" at work and I have a OBDLink MX winging its way to me via eBay - I choose this one as it has good reviews from Mondaveo and supports MS CAN. The borrowed one was a V Gate that could be had for a few dollars.

Can you use Forscan to initiate a manual burn on the Mondeo? I had a quick look but didn't have much time to play with it
2010 Peugeot 308 HDi SW - Shaggin Wagon II
2016 VDJ200R Landcruiser GX Wagon - TTD V8 Power !
2017 Toyota RAV4 GX Wagon - Shopping trolley - Gone
2022 Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription - Shopping trolley II
2002 BMW R1150GS
bundybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote