View Single Post
Old 17-01-2022, 12:01 AM   #16
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Dashcam Footage - Bicycle vs Car - George St Perth CBD 5pm 14/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Blame the stupid design of the pike path, being divided lanes the driver would have been looking to his right and not expecting anything approaching from down the hill to the left where you said your BIL was coming from.
Goodness... Another one in the someone else's fault brigade.

While I called it a bike path, look closely and its actually a footpath for use by both people on foot and bikes. It's a shared path.

Did you read when I said the driver admitted to not even looking straight ahead, let alone to the left when they were exiting the carpark.

What if it was a pedestrian? "Oh sorry poor mother. It wasn't my fault I drop punted your 4yo into the concrete barrier over there with the front of my car. It's this bl00dy stupid footpath design. Well see ya. Have a good day."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
that's a rubbish driveway. who has right of way there as per the law? bike or car doesn't have a stop sign or give way, only the bike has a 'take care' sign as a warning.
I live in a state that considers footpaths optional. The town I live in I think it would be lucky if 5% of the roads have footpaths. Does that mean I just hammer out the driveway because there is no defined footpath. I mean, there are no signs to tell the driver or pedestrian to stop and who has right of way. Sooooo confusing.

Read above about it being a shared path. If you can see the "take care" warning on the ground, surely you saw the pedestrian symbol indicating its a footpath. Does your opinion change given its meant to allow foot traffic? Or do we have the same right of way as per the law questions there too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Driver should be more vigilant before moving off into roadway so pays to look both ways before moving
It's nice to see at least one responsible driver who observes basic care and responsibility on the road. Specially when exiting carparks over footpaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Since when driveways must have Give way or stop signs? Now have a think when you enter a roadway from any driveway as per law.
Apparently in Sydney signs are required. Basic road law and care are optional.

The responses here trip me out.

Hervey Bay has some of the absolute worst drivers on the planet. Extreme di*kheads with nothing but air in their head. I remember a local taxi driver commenting to me that they can tell when they drive back into the Hervey Bay town limits because the driving abilities absolutely plummet deep into an abyss.

I always thought God had seen fit to keep these drivers within the town limit. You know, keep the world and his creatures safe. But watching videos on Dashcam Owners page and the answers here, it seems despite his best efforts not only have they escaped and travelled, they are obviously influencing the world via mind control.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=450336249903261

For giggles lets guess the excuses here based on previous answers...

Bl00dy forward collision warning didn't tell me you were there, car should have braked for me. Poorly designed road, it's not wide enough to allow me to cut the corner without damaging my car. Scooter should have been aware enough to sit 6 feet back in anticipation of the car cutting the corner. That's a rubbish intersection, who has right of way when cutting the corner, there aren't signs to say I cant cut the corner, only those pesky solid centre lines that say I'm on the wrong side of it.

Fu*k me dead!

P.S. That's not called cutting a corner in Hervey Bay, that's just a normal right hand turn.
arm79 is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: