View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 02:05 PM   #57
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Does Anyone Here Fly Drones??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post
I did say it was grossly illegal...well at least in Australia. Not sure what the rules are in the States, but ours are quite explicit. I very much doubt he was flying under controlled conditions...
That is my main concern, seems a bit like street racers giving car enthusiasts a bad name

Quote:
I'm not condoning his actions, but I do admire the skill...especially where he was on one side of the train and did an inverted barrel roll to the other side and flew underneath a moving train
I am not doubting the skill, but the concern for me is that these sort of actions is what causes things to get banned, and where the general public get off side with people flying drones. So when something get put forward where these may be banned public support from the public will be based on these sort of videos.

Quote:
The way I see it it's horses for courses. If you want to fly around and basically sightsee then what you are looking at and what you have bought is ideal, especially if you have deep pockets.
I certainly don't have deep pockets.

Quote:
If you like fiddling, experimenting, improving your skills, pushing the envelope of what is possible and punching holes in the sky then what Creative is doing is also valid.
May be he should pick better locations to do so, he got very close to people, cars and buildings, I would hate for the person crossing the street to be hit in the head by a drone travelling at 100km/hr

Horses for courses for sure, but some common sense would go a long way in preserving the past time into the future.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote