View Single Post
Old 26-11-2019, 08:31 PM   #12
thebigd

Default Re: MD Mondeo Titanium - Bluefin tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigd View Post
Received notification overnight that the tune was ready for download.
Downloaded onto the device this morning, and uploaded successfully to the car just now. The whole process took around 20 minutes.
I note that my Mondeo currently has 13200 k's on the clock, with overall fuel economy sitting at 5.9L per 100. I will reset Trip B and monitor the economy.
Look forward to jumping in and driving her down the coast today.
Will report back this afternoon with my findings.
Ok, so first day experience.
After the first gentle press of the accelerator, I knew things were different, not in a huge way, but different.
After a few starts from red lights, it was clear that the car had cut the (minimal) lag off the mark in half.
Was on the M1 cruising at 100 (110 zone). Decided to go 50% of throttle. She held 6th and just pulled away, like never before.
Shifted to S mode a couple of times around town. MD diesel owners know that you don't need to rev these things to drive around comfortably. If you want to experience something like (I assume) our Ecoboost Mondeo family enjoy, change to sport mode. It was fun. She wanted to rev and break traction a couple of times, but honestly, no need for that.
This appears to be more of a torque tune IMO. But then torque is power.
I can now hear the turbo. Seems to spool more at low revs if you push it. Sweet sound. I believe the tune increases the boost from 25 to 28 psi.
240 k's traveled today. Got home with 5.1 / per 100.
thebigd is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: