View Single Post
Old 27-06-2006, 01:41 AM   #33
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well i really wasn't sure how many posts i'd get back about this but the response has been great! Thanks for all of the advice! Greatly appreciate it. Jst goes to show what a wealth of knowledge and experience there is here on the forums on just about any question 1 cares to ask! Thought i had a little bit of an idea how it all worked but have gained some great tips and techniques to try out. My mate only drives once every few weeks. he's a transport manager so only drives if he needs to. Thought i might be better off with some tips from full timers or people with lots of experience, rather than an occasional driver.

I was looking at doing my license test locally in geelong, but yeah i've heard good things about DECA so i might try and get some more info about what the DECA course entails.

I'm a builder, and am really just sick of working weekends doing the same work as i do during the week. I've got a mate whos dad owns a huge business with about half a dozen of their own trucks and they are flat out between about september and march. They told me if i want weekend work driving i can have some. Just thinking about doing that to break the week up a bit. Its relatively hassle free compared to quoting, chasing materials, chasing money off people and permits and all of the other stuff you get sick of during the week! I'll make heaps less money but think i'll enjoy it more!

So basically it looks like i'm off to practice somewhere nice and quiet, and get all of my full gears sussed out and then when i get the hang of that i'll try and use them all. Most of the time their trucks run light enough loads that they only use full gears anyway, but i wanted to learn how to use it properly, not just guess so thanks for the info guys!

Cheers, Schmidty
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote