Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
guy351
Mr EFicient

Default xr8 cam

hey there all i had a quick look around but couldnt see any threads on this so hope im not flogging a dead horse. Im in the process of giving my au 2 xr8 some more herbs, eg new cam injectors etc and crow cam is suggesting me to buy an eb-ef timing kit with my new cam PN:621354 is this correct or should i just ignore it.
cheers

Au II Xr8- boss bonnet bulge with shaker, koni adjustables all round, short shifter, roller rockers, injectors, big cam, 70mm tb, snyper tune,5 spd manual with 4.11s and true trac and much more to come
guy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 
Default Re: xr8 cam

Well you should really put in a double row timing set with any cam upgrade. As well as valve springs, even if the stock one's will handle the lift.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Correct parts kit is K6202 which also has valve springs that will handle up to .580 lift. Has timing chain and all.

Going by that cam your car's a manual yeah?
Old 06-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #4
guy351
Mr EFicient

yeh its a 5 speed manual, so is that right i have to change timing to an ed-ef?
Au II Xr8- boss bonnet bulge with shaker, koni adjustables all round, short shifter, roller rockers, injectors, big cam, 70mm tb, snyper tune,5 spd manual with 4.11s and true trac and much more to come
guy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 

if your talking about timing gears, they are the same. EB-AU.