Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-09-2015, 09:09 PM   #1
biased99
Occasional V8 user...

Default AU Ute central locking

A few weeks back, our ute got reversed in to by some unthinking tw*t in a local carpark.

Anyway, we got the panel beating sorted on insurance, and that was done over the last couple of days. Picked it up today, and drove home. Went to lock it once at home, only to discover that the hazard lights flash, and the horn gives that short series of beeps (as though there is a door ajar).
Problem is, there is no door (or bonnet) ajar, and the lock actuators aren't working (there is no noise at all as though they are engaging).

Now, the central locking has always worked perfectly on this car. (both on the remote fob, and the dash button). So I'm wondering, if the panel beaters were removing and refitting stuff around the tub area (where the panel damage was), is there a possibility that they might have removed and forgotten to refit - or simply damaged - something which has stuffed the central locking? Or should I be looking for a wear and tear issue, un-related to the panel beating work. (And yes, I dropped the car off to them on Wednesday afternoon last week, and used the remote to centrally lock the car at that point.

FWIW, I did do something of a half-hearted search on this; The issue is that because the forum is now so large, you can spend ages reviewing partial matches which aren't quite what you were looking for. One of the "bugbears of success", perhaps?
Old 02-09-2015, 02:13 PM   #2
2001ghia
Starter Motor

Default Re: AU Ute central locking

had same problem
no mater what I did the car thought a door was ajar
used for scan told me drivers door was ajar
then remembered that the drivers side seat belt was not retracting properly and the buckle would get caught in the door so assumed it had damaged the agitator electrics
replaced agitator from wreckers still the same
reset bcm all good
hope this helps
2001ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2015, 09:43 PM   #3
biased99
Occasional V8 user...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ghia View Post
had same problem
no mater what I did the car thought a door was ajar
used for scan told me drivers door was ajar
then remembered that the drivers side seat belt was not retracting properly and the buckle would get caught in the door so assumed it had damaged the agitator electrics
replaced agitator from wreckers still the same
reset bcm all good
hope this helps
Firstly, thanks for the response.

Did you reset via FORscan (can't remember seeing a "reset" option), or just via disconnecting battery for (x) period of time?
Old 02-09-2015, 09:58 PM   #4
2001ghia
Starter Motor

no used for scan to find out what door then reset bcm using this method
http://www.aufalcon.com.au/cgi-bin/i...f=techdocs/ECU
2001ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2015, 10:58 PM   #5
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Bugger about the old girl getting crunched.
Sounds like they have done something and busted the door latch.
Is the cabin light staying on all the time?
MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2015, 08:05 PM   #6
david lee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ghia View Post
no used for scan to find out what door then reset bcm using this method
http://www.aufalcon.com.au/cgi-bin/i...f=techdocs/ECU
very good info but i would take it back to the panelbeaters or better still contact your insurance company and they will sort it out at no cost
david lee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2015, 09:29 PM   #7
biased99
Occasional V8 user...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL View Post
Bugger about the old girl getting crunched.
Sounds like they have done something and busted the door latch.
Is the cabin light staying on all the time?
Firstly, thanks for the responses (all).

Matt, the car's now all good. Looks as good as it did.

As for the door locking; mostly my fault. I conflated the door locking issue with the panel beating. In other words, the car locked on the button when I left it there, It didn't when I picked it up, ergo the panel beaters "must have done something which st*ffed something up".

Ended up running some diags on the car via the ELM327 unit (which did throw some codes, none of which shed much light on the central locking issue).

But sometimes the simple things are often the problem, and other circumstances are, indeed, "circumstantial".

Had a look through the fuse box this morning, and (to my chagrin ) the 30A door lock fuse was snafu.