Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-11-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
remps88
Twin Banger

Default has anyone heard of.....?

hey all, bit of an out-there question. but i thought if anyone would know, id find them on here.

recetly, my best mates dad died. it was well known that both him and his father before him's pride and joy of life was an old jag.

as part of the mourning process in the last week, me and my mates, including my best mate, have decided to restore it completely. back to modern, new style and awesome condition, in memory of his old man. between our whole group of friends, we have a fair few contacts in different areas that are donating, we have exhausts, body work, powdercoaters, windscreen repair, etc, so we look to have a good chance of making this dream real when it starts to form.

now my question, sorry, but the background info was necessary.

i dont know if many people have heard of it, but theres a show in america called "overhaulin". its similar to a lot of other "do your car up for free" shows over there, pimp my ride, etc.

i was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a group or organisation that do something similar, maybe not on tv or anything, but just something along those lines, as i was talking to another mate and he agrees that its a perfect case for something like that.

any information, hints tips or ideas would be appreciated, not expecting much but i thought it wouldnt hurt to ask.

cheers all.

remps

2006 EGO bf xr6. 6spd manual. 19 inch Dark Agent wheels. pedders lowered shocks and springs. full extractors and 3 inch exhaust. dvd player. 2x12inch alpine subs. leather seats. xr6 turbo intake. reverse sensors.

2007 CBR600rr. black and grey, acropovic exhaust, shorty levers, and the ability to take on a lambo in a 0-100 race.
remps88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
Mad Maxine

Remps, I'm not sure about TV companies, but you could give some of the local networks a call and see. Otherwise, how about contacting your local TAFE and seeing if the classes could work on it, as I've heard how good they can be?

Just a thought
Good luck too, by the way. The old girl would look sterling done up. Have you any photos?

1977 XC GS Coupe
Mad Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
remps88
Twin Banger

those are some good ideas maxine, thanks a bundle. ill start asking around soon for sure.

no photos on me, but i know my mate has a heap of when it was done up way back, and i can take some of it no, for some good "before, before and then after" shots.

cheers.

2006 EGO bf xr6. 6spd manual. 19 inch Dark Agent wheels. pedders lowered shocks and springs. full extractors and 3 inch exhaust. dvd player. 2x12inch alpine subs. leather seats. xr6 turbo intake. reverse sensors.

2007 CBR600rr. black and grey, acropovic exhaust, shorty levers, and the ability to take on a lambo in a 0-100 race.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Peter Rosethorn (AKA Brett from Kath & Kim) has a show on ABC called "How can we help" or very similar. Might be worth a call to Auntie to see if they can help.

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 11:01 PM   #5
GUTLES
Adam.

What model Jag is it?

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
remps88
Twin Banger

its a 1971 series 1 xj6

that sounds pretty good troppo, any chance u could give me a hand finding the contact details or anything? ill have a look too but yeah, bit of a failure at finding stuff like that. lol.

trying to get out to his joint asap to get some pics.

update: one of his best mates is currently working at "obrians windscreen repair" and has organised full back windshield with good tint and gold lettering up top left hand corner with "restored in memory of chris. r.i.p mate"

Old 11-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #7
BigBlue

remps88,
contact details for can we help , ABC TV.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/canwehelp/contact/

Email
canwehelpyour.abc.net.au

Twitter
@CanWeHelp_ABC

Facebook
Join Can We Help? on Facebook

Postal Address
GPO Box 9994
Perth, WA 6848
Australia

Telephone
(08) 9220 2700

Please note:
We aim to assist with as many requests for help as possible but of course we are unable to respond to all the correspondence we receive. We also invite and welcome you to take a look at the Message Board on this website and join in the conversation and make suggestions!

Many thanks and all the very best from the Can We Help? team.

Sounds like a great project. Good luck with it all.

Peter.
BigBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #8
BigBlue

Oh yeah ,
forgot to add this site for all things Jag specific and there is a dedicated section for the XJ series:

http://www.jag-lovers.org/

There is also a good archives section as well.

Cheers , Peter.
BigBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 05:51 PM   #9
remps88
Twin Banger

thanks heaps peter. thats some great info.

iv emailed them with evetrything thats happened, why we wanna do it, what we wanna do, etc.

hopefully i get a response. would be amazing.

cheers for the support everyone! i just hope we can live up to chris's memory with this car.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #10
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

could even make a story for "Australian story" on ABC . i think sometimes they have short feel good/ inspirational storys to fill in there spot.

film and photograph everything you do so you have a good record of the project.

good luck with it.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 04:34 PM   #11
remps88
Twin Banger

yeah thats an idea too. ill be sure to take some pics throughout the process.