Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: What would get you into a new FPV
Cheap finance e.g. 3% 133 64.88%
12 months before first payment 15 7.32%
Availibility on fleet 9 4.39%
5 year 130,000km warranty 26 12.68%
Whole of ownership package i.e. maintenance tyres etc. 9 4.39%
Step up package i.e. enhanced trade to higher model 4 1.95%
Power by the hour, $X per month + $Y per km 1 0.49%
Minimum warranty e.g. 1 year & 20km saving 10-15% on original cost 8 3.90%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default How can FPV help you buy one of their vehicles

I have been out buying a couple of new cars for the salt mine recently (Hyundai and Ranger) and have been inundated with cunning little plans to try and convince me to buy various products.

From subsidised finance to extended warranty to total ownership packages.
Many acquire their vehicle through fleet e.g. Telstra.

None of this is offered by FPV and I am wondering if the availability of any of these may assist in getting you into shiny new FPV.

Please can you leave out any changes whatsoever to the actual vehicle range.

flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

First post :-) I voted cheap finance....

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #3
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheap finance would be the goer for me too.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No warranty option, I don't like paying for something that becomes void within weeks.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthAu
No warranty option, I don't like paying for something that becomes void within weeks.
Depends on how well you know your dealer
I voted cheap finance
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #6
05_ENFORCER

Cheap finance, or even 0% for me please
Old 06-11-2010, 06:43 PM   #7
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Where do I start?

Though I am not in the market for a FPV I do think they could improve in a lot of areas to get my money.

1) While it is a good start with the 5.0 V8, they need to do more work on the chassis, better tyres and a little more tweaking of the suspension to reduce roll. Yes they're family cars but they're still performance cars, at least offer it as an option.

2) Offer more to the customer over the Ford products. You want to charge a premium for the product how about offering them something for it? I hate to say it but HSV offer a very attractive (not looks) package in terms of power and goodies in their cars for similar $$ to FPV. Some here think the EDI is a **** but this is what car makers are doing, they're offering more gadgets for their customers.
FPV do not in my opinion offer value for money from the GT/GT-P & F6 perspective.

3) Differentiate the product from Ford more. FPV don't put Ford badges on their cars and they like to announce they're the ones who developed the Coyote V8, how about going a little further and giving the customer something to show other than a "Falcon with stickers?" Again you can tell the difference between a HSV product and a Holden product. With the E series HSV have really come up with a proper package to differentiate it from the Holden cars. FPV need to make their customers feel as though they've bought a FPV.

4) Offer up spec packages, a more track focussed suspension package? Power increases?

5) Branch out into other products? Smaller cars? Don't have to build them but possibly import them, i.e. the RS Focus (I know Ford did but FPV could have to open their market up), etc.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #8
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
Where do I start?

Though I am not in the market for a FPV I do think they could improve in a lot of areas to get my money.

1) While it is a good start with the 5.0 V8, they need to do more work on the chassis, better tyres and a little more tweaking of the suspension to reduce roll. Yes they're family cars but they're still performance cars, at least offer it as an option.

2) Offer more to the customer over the Ford products. You want to charge a premium for the product how about offering them something for it? I hate to say it but HSV offer a very attractive (not looks) package in terms of power and goodies in their cars for similar $$ to FPV. Some here think the EDI is a **** but this is what car makers are doing, they're offering more gadgets for their customers.
FPV do not in my opinion offer value for money from the GT/GT-P & F6 perspective.

3) Differentiate the product from Ford more. FPV don't put Ford badges on their cars and they like to announce they're the ones who developed the Coyote V8, how about going a little further and giving the customer something to show other than a "Falcon with stickers?" Again you can tell the difference between a HSV product and a Holden product. With the E series HSV have really come up with a proper package to differentiate it from the Holden cars. FPV need to make their customers feel as though they've bought a FPV.

4) Offer up spec packages, a more track focussed suspension package? Power increases?

5) Branch out into other products? Smaller cars? Don't have to build them but possibly import them, i.e. the RS Focus (I know Ford did but FPV could have to open their market up), etc.
Did you read the bit about no changes to the vehicle range?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #9
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

Old 06-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #10
FNQracing
RAGE Engineering

How about making them look different to a Falcon Taxi?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #11
Fordman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I voted 12 month one, im also assuming thats interest free.
Fordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #12
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Attention budding product engineers:

Quote:
Please can you leave out any changes whatsoever to the actual vehicle range.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #13
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Cheap Finance like Toyota have offered 2.9% from the 10+ adds i saw from them the other night..............

You use to be able to get Toyota Finance and buy a Ford

Unsure if you can do that now but worth a try just find a Toyota Dealer who also has their fingers in the pie at a Ford Dealer Ship and BINGO

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #14
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Something like the system BMW has where they Guarantee your trade-in value in for the future (eg. we will pay $X for car in 3 years time if you adhere to these conditions).

That more than anything would ease my mind.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #15
b2tf
not here much anymore

Not sure if it falls under any of the already mentioned categories but a decent, knowledgable dealer who has a well presented showroom, ALL models available to test drive (maybe not all in stock but 'we can get one for you to drive' etc) and a staff made up of people who AREN'T chain smoking knobs just out to get you to sign on the bottom line would certainly have me interested.

Ford dealer here is a joke, most of them wouldnt even know what FPV stood for and they would probably tell you the GT is not available now. In stark comparison though, my secondhand Honda Euro gets washed and vacuumed at EVERY service, they ALWAYS finish on time and they call me to let me know when it is ready, and they are only too happy to help out where they can.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #16
shifted

Cheaper finance. Seeing though that not many people are buying + interest rates are going up etc. as SM1DY has posted - is a good idea!
shifted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #17
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheap finance would be good

FG F6 Manual 366RWKW tuned by BLUE POWER

82XD393.3v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #18
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

It's not an option, but a %3 finance package and a full maintenance package(tyres and servicing) would be great. I'll vote cheap finance though.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2010, 08:04 PM   #19
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Definitely cheaper finance. The whole service thing can be sorted by going else where and warranty is only an issue if you plan on no mods.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #20
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well so far interest rates seem to be the most popular. Most of the Japanese and German manufacturers are currently offering this.

Nissan want to flog me a new datto @ 3.7% with no payments until 2012 but I bought the Ranger over a Navara because of the retail discount promotion (and because the driver liked it better).

The datto deal has made me consider it as the GFC is still here and a 12 month relief on my cash flow is something that appeals to me.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #21
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

I thought a no drive-line warranty or 12 month option if that would save 15% considering how many tinker here we all loose it straight away..

15% discount off the car may sound a better option but it works out almost exactly the same as a 3% interest rate, so keeping in mind you would keep your warranty the 3% rate is a much better option.

car price $64,500 int paid @ 10% = $17,726 total $82,226
car price $64,500 int paid @ 3% = $5,038 total $ $69,538
car price 15% discount $54,825 int paid @ 10% = $15,067 total $69,892

disclaimer I am not an accountant numbers done approximately over a 5 year loan period..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #22
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
My apologies I didn't.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #23
pinkie

I voted 5 year warranty never had a prob.
I have also heard that lexus offer a package that if you trade in for a new vehicle at about the three year mark you get a minimum amount which i believe is very decent.
I have considered buying a lexus because of that option if it is indeed true.

Last edited by pinkie; 06-11-2010 at 09:02 PM. Reason: spelling
pinkie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #24
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Low finance is a brilliant idea, works wonders for BMW. Not to mention it's putting more money in fords pocket, 3% of something is better than 3% of nothing
Old 06-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #25
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

A package where mechanical maintenence and tyres are included with %3 finance would be the best IMO. Good for a company that buys say, 5 cars and they can all get done at once for convenience and save time.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2010, 10:26 PM   #26
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

It seems Im the only one that went for the "whole of ownership package"!

If I was someone needing finance, the lower rate MAY interest me...BUT the money has to come from somewhere just like any other package/inclusion. I'd rather have all the maintenance, tyres and brakes covered as they are variables that are hard to budget for and require lump sums of money each time.

Brake pads
Brake rotors
Tyres
Servicing

All of the above cost hundreds and sometimes thousands at a time.

At least if those items were covered, but the repayments higher, the owner would find it easier to budget for IMO.

Having said all that, I was also considering the reduced warranty option. Being a cash buyer, I'd enjoy the initial saving and be able to set aside some of that money for maintenance and possibly a few mods.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #27
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citric GT
It seems Im the only one that went for the "whole of ownership package"!

If I was someone needing finance, the lower rate MAY interest me...BUT the money has to come from somewhere just like any other package/inclusion. I'd rather have all the maintenance, tyres and brakes covered as they are variables that are hard to budget for and require lump sums of money each time.

Brake pads
Brake rotors
Tyres
Servicing

All of the above cost hundreds and sometimes thousands at a time.

At least if those items were covered, but the repayments higher, the owner would find it easier to budget for IMO.

Having said all that, I was also considering the reduced warranty option. Being a cash buyer, I'd enjoy the initial saving and be able to set aside some of that money for maintenance and possibly a few mods.
Remember whole of ownership means no mods at all or even maintenance except by the supplier.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #28
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Quote:
Remember whole of ownership means no mods at all or even maintenance except by the supplier.
Yep. Thats why I have trouble deciding which of the 2 options to choose!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #29
nstg8a

im someone that quite honestly cant see myself ever being able to pay cash for a fpv, and hp'ing 60-70k at 'normal' interest rates is just plain stupid imo...
however if they had a low interest rate as suggested, then i would quite seriously look at one, as long as the sums add up.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2010, 10:56 PM   #30
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Lower % interest rate finance would make them very attractive, if FPV want to be a prestige brand then a look at customer service as Austin mentioned should be considered aswell.

"Yes sir you GS/GT/F6 will be serviced by our head mechanic and will not be driven by the work experience kid, would you like your car washed and vacumed as part of your service at no charge?"

Good poll BTW.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post