Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 22-11-2006, 04:51 PM   #1
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Default King Springs vs Pedders Sports Ryder

Hey Peeps,

Im thinking about dropping the fez a bit as at the moment im over the 4x4 style. Im thinking about 1inch - 1.5inch, all round and am after a slightly dumped look but not too hektic.

Peeps who have fez lowered let me know what springs & mm lowering you got and price. If you got a pic also

Any help would be great.

Old 22-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

damo you know the cheapest and easiest way would be King springs with a 30mm drop all round. there like 100+ sumthing bucks. not 2 cheap to get installed either....

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 04:59 PM   #3
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
damo you know the cheapest and easiest way would be King springs with a 30mm drop all round. there like 100+ sumthing bucks. not 2 cheap to get installed either....
WTF?? where did u get that price from?? I WANT DETAILS. out:
Old 22-11-2006, 05:10 PM   #4
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Chop yA SpriNgZ Mehmets VL runs choPed AnD iT GoeS Hard bro!!!!!!!1111111

I think teki said his Pedders were harder than the Kingz.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #5
0xyg3n

Mines Harder then yours teeehee.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 10:29 PM   #6
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
WTF?? where did u get that price from?? I WANT DETAILS. out:
hehehehe mates rates! lol...my contacts

Old 22-11-2006, 11:06 PM   #7
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
I think teki said his Pedders were harder than the Kingz.
Dunno, never tried the Kingz.

I think the problem with mine was that the shocks wore out... quick? I think. All I remember was that getting my current purchase felt like getting into a Bentley - so much easier over the speed humps! I can't remember how the Fiesta felt when it was new, so I can't comment much on the difference.

But for looks, the pedders suspension lowered it just enough!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 12:47 AM   #8
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Dunno, never tried the Kingz.

You came for a drive in my car.

You mentioned that it was nowhere near as harsh a ride as you're fiesta was.

Personally, if i was on a budget then king would be the best bet.

But, im not :P so if i had to do it again i would get Eibach :sm_headba
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 12:51 AM   #9
Haemophiliac

I've got king springs. cost me $550 fitted, I rang a couple of places up here in brisbane inculding pedders and that was pretty much the price across the board.

Lowered it maybe 2-3cm. with the 17's i had that 4x4 look going on at the front in particular. now i'de say that that front looks fine and the back looks even better. Had no problems with bumps and speed bumps etc. But been going slower over them

Pedders sports rider are prolly gonna be more expensive though. ask someone who's got them.
K&N Panel Filter - Lowered King Springs - 17" ROH STRADA Rims - Black Clear Style Tail lights - Cat Back Exhaust - Miltek 4-2-1 Manifold and Hiflow Cat - Contemplating: Black Angel Eye Style Headlights

Last edited by Haemophiliac; 23-11-2006 at 01:06 AM.
Haemophiliac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 09:36 AM   #10
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Personally, if i was on a budget then king would be the best bet.

But, im not :P
"You sure about that Mitch?"

20 years old

Polo GTi = around 30k of depreciating asset + interest and capital payments on 8k loan to Finanacial Institution + payments to Dad (albeit interest free, but still needs paying) = Budget Required..... _2:
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 11:12 AM   #11
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Budget is not required.

8 k loan??
no where near 8k.

I paid for basically the WHOLE car out of my savings account, there was $3950 which my father lent me, and i can pay back at my own pace. Which will be quickly. Ive already paid him 500 back after only a week. So a balance to pay back to him of $3450. No interest either.

No financial institutions involved here :togo:

So anyway, we were saying?
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :

Last edited by mitch_lx; 23-11-2006 at 11:25 AM.
Old 23-11-2006, 11:36 AM   #12
photn
AFF Post NAZI

kings are fairly cheap in comparison to the other suspension places out there....though there not a real compromise on drivability and handlying or anything.....good quality for a good price i reckon.

Mind you i will be going with Eibachs when i lower my car.....

Old 23-11-2006, 11:56 AM   #13
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

on standard suspension i would probably say get the smallest possible drop.

Or if you want to go low get new shocks.

Loads of fun :
Old 23-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #14
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

lol...

When refering to a budget... about SPRINGS god damn it.

Its not like they cost alot.. the difference between kings and eibach would maybe be 150-200 bucks?

You dont have to own an aston martin to know that 150-200 bucks isnt alot MORE to pay to get better springs.

Not boasting, but im not on a tight budget that would dictate that im only allowed to buy cheap things.

Loads of fun :
Old 23-11-2006, 04:21 PM   #15
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Mitch eibach cost $560 (from eibach australia) so once fitted they are near double the price for kings. Its not a debate about if people can afford them but if they are worth double the price?

The difference between eibach and the kingz would be how much they drop the car and stiffness. Thats it
Old 23-11-2006, 04:55 PM   #16
BlackLS

I'd steer clear of Pedders quite honestly.

Price vs performance, can't go past Kings. A lot of amatur drifters that don't have coil-overs are ususally on King super/ultralows. Combined with the right shocks, they can handle so well.

Pedders I feel are rip off merchants and are for people that know stuff all about mechanics. When I had the EF, it needed a wheel alignment and after a visual inspection they came back with a list of around $700 worth to components and bushes to replace and that they can't let the car leave. BS! I grabbed the keys and left in a bit of a hurry and got the wheel alignment done at the local tyre guy.

Above Kings, Id then go Eibachs. ;)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 05:26 PM   #17
simonr
Focus Rookie

What bout these?

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=75182
Old 23-11-2006, 07:36 PM   #18
0xyg3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
Mitch eibach cost $560 (from eibach australia) so once fitted they are near double the price for kings. Its not a debate about if people can afford them but if they are worth double the price?

The difference between eibach and the kingz would be how much they drop the car and stiffness. Thats it

if that http://www.european-parts.net website is correct $196 for the eibach prokit springs and then $19 for DHL premium shipping. you could get them for just abit of 200$
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 07:44 PM   #19
photn
AFF Post NAZI

exactly what i was going to do.....Fitting wont be a problem....great contacts...

Old 23-11-2006, 08:03 PM   #20
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

So photn comes out of the closet...

Feel the love!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 23-11-2006, 08:28 PM   #21
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Um,

I've spoken to Mitch and known him for a while. He has been saving MAJORLY for this Polo GTI.

So, not sure how you can base your comments on a few statements.

Old 23-11-2006, 08:41 PM   #22
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

I got my prices direct from Eibach Australia. You might be able to get them in for cheaper.

Saving can be pretty hard alone and do uni at the same time.

Last edited by Piotr; 23-11-2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old 23-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #23
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

I got my King springs for about $125 for the set, got a great trade price (only took me nearly a year to fit them).
I wouldn't touch pedders stuff if they gave them away, I fitted a set about a month ago, a set of super lows to a DC05 Integra type R, (I couldn't get kings low enough for the customer) 2 days later the RHR spring collapsed at 100kph writing the car off. (Apparently now you cannot buy superlows for Hondas without signing a waiver.) I'll post some pics when I have time at work.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 01:29 AM   #24
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Um,

I've spoken to Mitch and known him for a while. He has been saving MAJORLY for this Polo GTI.

So, not sure how you can base your comments on a few statements.

Correct. I Work four or five nights per week. Plus saturday and sunday day time and every couple weeks a do a few days during the week too.

YES i do live at home. YES i have just turned 21. YES i DO help my mother to pay for the bills etc. YES i am very greatfull for the help and support they have given me.

Yes i have just purchased a new car.

But this GTI was paid for by ME as teki said... i have been saving my cash. But luckily ive still be able to live normally ie.. not like a poor man.

Once again, we were talking about springs.

IF i was to buy springs again, since the budget isnt terribly tight (does that please you more? sooks..) i would definately look into a higher quality spring.

Loads of fun :
Old 24-11-2006, 09:16 AM   #25
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Springs"
No problems with my Kings, had other cars with Kings in, never had an issue, would have no qualms about sticking them in my next car either.

Last edited by fordel; 24-11-2006 at 11:08 PM. Reason: See previous
Old 24-11-2006, 09:43 AM   #26
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Ok, well thanks for everyones imput. It seems Kings is the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear
I got my King springs for about $125 for the set, got a great trade price
Wow. Does set = 2 or 4?? either way great price. I got a quote some time last year for $360 with out install. but at the moment that a bit steep for me.
Hmm ill see if a mate can get em trade price... :
Old 24-11-2006, 04:06 PM   #27
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Just another quick one, For those with 17s, how much do u think i can lower the car?? I was thinking just 1 inch??
Old 24-11-2006, 04:19 PM   #28
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One inch being around 25mm, i reckon it'd be perfect. IMO, oxygen's 35mm is too low.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #29
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Just another quick one, For those with 17s, how much do u think i can lower the car?? I was thinking just 1 inch??
40mml. 35 at front and 30 at rear would be perfect damo....well thats what im getting myne @.

Old 24-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #30
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
40mml. 35 at front and 30 at rear would be perfect damo....well thats what im getting myne @.
"Spot On photn".....that would be about perfect, with Kings which are 30mm drop all round the car looks perfect at the back and could do with being just a touch lower at the front.

I understand Eibach do a set that are "30mm Rear/35mm Front" which indeed would be the pick imho and another set they do come 30mm drop all round.