Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 13-04-2015, 09:20 PM   #1
Judwah
Starter Motor

Default Ford Mondeo MC LX TDCI shudder.

Hey guys, 1st post ,

So i have the MC Mondeo and bought it second hand with 98,000kms on it, after about it occasional would surge at idle but very rarely, it then developed a light shudder under acceleration it felt like crossing the wake up lines on the road.

It would only happen once the car had been running awhile and seemed to be a lower revs if used the sports setting it happened less.

Anyway had it in the shop today and a transmission oil flush and reprogram of the PCM and its tip top again.

All up cost me $481 far less that i was dreading and will make the 120,000km service less of a hit.

Just wanted to share in hopes this may help someone as info on this forum has helped me!!
Judwah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-04-2015, 10:11 PM   #2
Binny

Default Re: Ford Mondeo MC LX TDCI shudder.

Welcome to the forum Judwah. Glad to hear it's running smoothly again for you. Always hard to tell with a second hand car whether its had the required maintenance done. Yours may not have had the 60k transmission service done so the fluid was getting old.
Old 13-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #3
Judwah
Starter Motor

Default Re: Ford Mondeo MC LX TDCI shudder.

Hi Cheers Binny, i contacted the service agent that conducted the 60k and was told a 6L of fluid was added.

I just decided to err on the side of caution, as it was getting towards being due again.
Judwah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post