Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
Katoomba

Default Rear vision

Now that I have nearly 15000kms up and the excitement of a new car is wearing off, I have one really major complaint with the Mondeo: rear vision.

This car has to have the worst (even the most dangerous) rearwards and side vision of any car I've ever owned (and I have had around 60 cars & m/bikes).

When I say side vision, I'm referring to the look-over-the-shoulder view before changing lanes etc.

I feel that so many things I do that require rear vision - parking, merging, lane changing etc. are done mostly blind and succeed more because of good luck. Reversing down my driveway which is kind of L-shaped is giving me a permanent crick in the neck from having to manoeuvre my body so I can get my head out the window!

Just as well the car has rear sensors because without them rearward actions would be almost impossible.

And last but not least, my rear-seat passengers raised their headrests last weekend (no one had done that before) and this really compounded the problem.

All cars have minor issues (Mondeos one for me are the water in the boot of the hatch and the difficulty in seeing the speedo in the daylight) which we get to live with but this rear vision thing for me is a serious issue. I'm wondering if the next time the NRMA/RTA does a list of cars with rear vision deficiency, the Mondeo will be right up there as #1.

Katoomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post