Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-01-2007, 12:08 AM   #1
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Default Disgusting act of racism at work.

Today i witnessed a disgusting action at my work (bottleshop/supermarket)
7 Iraqi kids (15-17) that come in all the time and run amok bashed a regular (top bloke, couldnt say a bad word about him) while he was shopping for groceries with his wife and young children,
It went like this,
The guy was loading his groceries onto the register when the kids stood behind him, and started talking **** to him, so he asks them what their problem is, and two of the kids just started shouting abuse at him, his kids start crying, then he gets hit with some random groceries, so he goes after them, and it turned into a full on brawl, the security guard runs over to grab the guy because hes so fired up and the kids keep going, and visa versa, so in the end the kids were kicked out and i called 000 because death threats were made and it was just an explosive situation. The guy finishes his groceries and i go talk to the kids to try to console them a little.
so he goes out to his car and suprise suprise 4 of them are waiting for him, (i didnt see what happened at this stage as i was packing up) but he was attacked again then the 4 of them ran into the paddock next door.
The police arrived soon after and were driving around looking for the bastards, about 10 marked and 2 undercover cars. i left after that and took a drive around but saw nothing, apart from the coppers driving around.

The guy left before the police got there, we didnt get his name, but we know where he lives and the police were on their way.

What disgusts me the most is the whole 7 onto 1, the fact he was just shopping with his family, and the racial taunts.

This will not be settled in a lawful manner according to both parties....

i just thought i would post this because it is a worrying thing nowadays, as this is the 2nd racially motivated fight in our store in 6 months...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 29-01-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

That is disgusting. Those morons who attacked the guy should be either shot or sent back home. Actions like that are what causes society to break down. What did they hope to achieve by doing that anyway?

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
Old 29-01-2007, 12:12 AM   #3
bnvw
GunXR

was the guy hurt?

those kids need to **** kicked out of them.

I just saw the same thing 15 minutes ago at a servo where 4 kids were pickin on this indian cabbie for no reason at all, only this time 5 other cabbies walked over and the kids hit the bolt before the situation escalated.
Old 29-01-2007, 12:18 AM   #4
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

The guy was really worked up, as anyone would be, but i saw no remorse or restraint from the little bastards,

The man was not hurt from what we could tell but he didnt stick around too long.
i dont know whether to tell him next time he is in, where the kids are and when, because i know they play soccer on a friday night and are at my work at 9:30 religiously.

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 29-01-2007, 12:23 AM   #5
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Sounds like it's fruit picking time -itinerant workers- there?

Bastards!
Old 29-01-2007, 12:30 AM   #6
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane

Bastards!
There is a backpacker hostel about 50m up the road, and theyre a great bunch of people, except when i have to explain to those who dont speak english how to use a wine cask....

Old 29-01-2007, 12:39 AM   #7
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8
There is a backpacker hostel about 50m up the road, and theyre a great bunch of people, except when i have to explain to those who dont speak english how to use a wine cask....
Yeah, most backpackers are cool. I meant the permanant itinerant workers. The ones who travel the around country picking fruit during the day and people at night. I've met both types, around here and in Nth Qld, and I know which ones I'd rather have a beer with
Old 29-01-2007, 01:01 AM   #8
Steve
torque is your friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane

Bastards!
I think Shepparton has quite a large Iraqi population. Doubt they'd be backpackers or itinerants.
Old 29-01-2007, 01:12 AM   #9
crossingover

This is normal behaviour amongst the iraqi or wether it be lebanese comunity these days nothing new.I have a broad group of middle eastern associates and the truth of the matter is they will do as much damage to you with out even thinking twice or they dont even need a reason to bash or hurt you.What shocks me even more is more than half of them are associated with AUSTRALIAN bike clubs.Its Got me confused?
Old 29-01-2007, 12:52 AM   #10
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8
i dont know whether to tell him next time he is in, where the kids are and when, because i know they play soccer on a friday night and are at my work at 9:30 religiously.
Mate all I can say is I hope that you told the cops this, if you didn't then you are just as much to blame for any of what goes on from this event in the future.

I'm sure the store you work in has video surveillance especially in the direction of the checkouts (in case of hold ups), so if they have the store video and just 'happen to be their' the next Friday night at say oh i dunno, 9:30pm it will be alot easier for the cops to make an arrest.
Old 29-01-2007, 12:21 AM   #11
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I wouldn't tell him. Better to let it lay in the past. Or else it might just get bigger.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
Old 29-01-2007, 12:25 AM   #12
bnvw
GunXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
I wouldn't tell him. Better to let it lay in the past. Or else it might just get bigger.
yeah that's the way, as much as i love seeing justice served, it's not worth it by the sounds of things, the guy is a family man and the operative word there is man, so one of two scenarios can unfold...

1. the bloke kicks those kids heads in and gets arrested

or

2. the kids bash him.

either way, the guys kids and wife suffer the most, particularly if you give him ammunition by telling him when and where he will find them.
Old 29-01-2007, 01:30 AM   #13
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnvw
yeah that's the way, as much as i love seeing justice served, it's not worth it by the sounds of things, the guy is a family man and the operative word there is man, so one of two scenarios can unfold...

1. the bloke kicks those kids heads in and gets arrested

or

2. the kids bash him.

either way, the guys kids and wife suffer the most, particularly if you give him ammunition by telling him when and where he will find them.
option 3: grab them, chuck them in the boot, drive to some nice, isolated lil place in the countryside, belt the **** out of them till they're nearly dead then bury them alive with a ham steak in thier mouths....... maybe even take polaroids to send anonymously to thier families...

yes, i know i'm a cruel, sadistic bastard...... i'm sure you'll get over it

just remember, Australia has a LOT of places to hide bodies
Old 29-01-2007, 12:22 AM   #14
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

yeah true, i dont think its my place to say anything, i just feel so sorry for him.

Old 29-01-2007, 12:28 AM   #15
cupic
Nikon

The young maggots have nothin better to do because they have nothin.Young families dont feel safe anymore.
Just waiting for it to hit the fan again
Old 29-01-2007, 12:33 AM   #16
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In the interests of political correctness and racial harmony I will not voice my opinion.
Old 29-01-2007, 12:39 AM   #17
ef_classic
Banned

Dont take this the wrong way.
But,
Did it ever cross your mind that maybe you and a few employees should have held one of the kids till the cops came?
Old 29-01-2007, 12:40 AM   #18
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Disgusting isn't enough of a word to describe it. Threaten them with deportation of them and their Family...see how they deal with it then..

One question- you sure they're Iraqi? They could as easily be Lebanese or Iranian
Old 29-01-2007, 12:40 AM   #19
Psycho Chicken
Banned

How is that racist? Retarded yes, but nothing in your post makes it out to be racist.
Old 29-01-2007, 12:43 AM   #20
andrewts
White Car Driver

I can not believe this. Absolute disgrace. The general moral decay of society in this country, it's a cause for national action.
Old 29-01-2007, 12:44 AM   #21
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Agree rob.

Again I'll say one thing about these sorts of kids. Its very hard to be involved in antisocial activities when you eat through a straw.

Old 29-01-2007, 12:45 AM   #22
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He said they were yelling racial taunts at him
Old 29-01-2007, 12:54 AM   #23
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK250
He said they were yelling racial taunts at him
Don't make it a racist attack. The kids are obviously stupid, they're probably too stupid to think of any thing else to say.
Old 29-01-2007, 12:49 AM   #24
andrewts
White Car Driver

In between the death threats.
Old 29-01-2007, 01:00 AM   #25
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

**edited** Rob, you beat my reply
it definatly looked that way to me, almost every sentence ended with a racial taunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef_classic
Dont take this the wrong way.
But,
Did it ever cross your mind that maybe you and a few employees should have held one of the kids till the cops came?
i would have loved too, but we caanot touch them, its assault, and also if we held them, false imprisonment. we got a big talk on this last year...

Old 29-01-2007, 01:03 AM   #26
gtfpv
GT

i hope it wasn't a racist or religious attack . there is no proof of this . but i fear it may well be . the problem to me is actually australian public society. and political correctness . as we have flips now telling us not to discipline our own children , other than sending them to bed with a DVD . and then talking about it the next day discussing how you can change so the child wont do wrong again .
2ndly it's multiculturalism acceptance that these people hide behind as a reason to commit crime. and we as australian accept it .
i cant see any quick fix to this without great change from the public which includes political, correctness . unfortunately since the new laws of sadition are now in place i shall not comment on this thread any further . but i think i have shown my 2c on this .
Old 29-01-2007, 01:12 AM   #27
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

multiculturalism really works. We would be lynched without trial if we tried this in a middle eastern country. I realise its a small minority ruining it for the majority but how big and prevelant does the minority need to get before we ask whether its worth having them here?
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
Old 29-01-2007, 01:26 AM   #28
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i hate when people are racist. its not just middle eastern but its all backgrounds. on australia day my cousin and his mates were all at maccas enjoying lunch, until some smart mouthed bogan racist called out " get out of here you f355en wogs. my cousin was born here and he was with a pommy/nz mate another greek guy and an italian. the stupid moron who called out was at a red light so my cousin walked up to his car pulled him out and gave him a belting. you wonder why there is so many bashing reported but somtimes its the victims fault. how do we know that the guy who got bashed hadnt caused trouble previously and what background was this bloke anyway?
Old 29-01-2007, 01:40 AM   #29
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Boy
i hate when people are racist. its not just middle eastern but its all backgrounds. on australia day my cousin and his mates were all at maccas enjoying lunch, until some smart mouthed bogan racist called out " get out of here you f355en wogs. my cousin was born here and he was with a pommy/nz mate another greek guy and an italian. the stupid moron who called out was at a red light so my cousin walked up to his car pulled him out and gave him a belting. you wonder why there is so many bashing reported but somtimes its the victims fault. how do we know that the guy who got bashed hadnt caused trouble previously and what background was this bloke anyway?
Fact is your cousin in this instance was 110% in the wrong and should be delt with as such.

Old 29-01-2007, 01:49 AM   #30
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
Fact is your cousin in this instance was 110% in the wrong and should be delt with as such.
i agree, there is a choice in that situation, to ignore it and accept the fact that they are a cowardly ****er or fight them and let them know it fired you up, which was most likely their intention, it makes you no better than them...

Closed Thread