Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
Renegade

Default FG Series II, When?

Anyone here have any ideas as to when the FG series II will be released?

Just trying to find out before I make any new car buying decisions.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #2
bmorris

Default Re: FG Series II, When?

4th quarter this year
Old 09-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #3
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

September/October

And it might not be called FG series II either.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 09-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #4
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"F something or other" mayby? FH? how bout the **!! lol so from "F"ing "G"ood to just.... "F""K"... lol certainly what new supercharged coyotes and FPV's make you think...
Old 10-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #5
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK EF
"F something or other" mayby?
FU would be good
Old 11-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
9lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
FU would be good
That's it ! I'm waiting for the update to buy now.....
Old 10-06-2011, 12:16 AM   #7
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When hell, freezes over !!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 01:09 AM   #8
BHDOGS
Banned

Its been pushed back due to some unforeseen circumstance no doubt thats how ford works
Old 10-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #9
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
Its been pushed back due to some unforeseen circumstance no doubt thats how ford works
Is that something new in the last week? Becuase that is not what Ford Australia was saying this time last week.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:12 AM   #10
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Any pics?

Is it just a quick series2 style make over or some proper new kit for us??

Where are all the new models that were spose to come out this year other than the territory what else have we seen??

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
Old 10-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #11
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If FG2 was for release in Sept/Oct, surely mules would have been spotted, 2/3 months from release???? or is it so bland like BF MK2 to FG, that no-one can tell the difference, unless up close?? It needs to stand out and say 'look at me"
Old 10-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #12
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
If FG2 was for release in Sept/Oct, surely mules would have been spotted, 2/3 months from release???? or is it so bland like BF MK2 to FG, that no-one can tell the difference, unless up close?? It needs to stand out and say 'look at me"
When you do bumper upgrades and costmetics you dont typically have to have mules running around..

Theres probably FG2 interiored cars floating around but theres no need for them to physically test bumper / grill updates.

You really have a gripe with the FG don't you just...

This upgrades only minor, the car is not due for a major upgrade.... Have a look at what Holden have done with the 5 year old VE... Good indication of what we will see with FG2.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #13
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No I don't have a gripe with the FG, just Ford. Ford need FG2 stand out. It beggars believe that the dark side can keep the same styling for 5 years and still sell the dunnydore!!!! and Ford cann't, sell the Falcon, it could be put down to very poor advertising, dealers (I have had no problems with Metro Ford, Newstead) or a number of factors. Have Ford looked at why the Falcon isn't selling????? Lets hope the FG2 flies when released......
Old 10-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #14
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No I don't have a gripe with the FG, just Ford. Ford need FG2 stand out. It beggars believe that the dark side can keep the same styling for 5 years and still sell the dunnydore!!!! and Ford cann't, sell the Falcon, it could be put down to very poor advertising, dealers (I have had no problems with Metro Ford, Newstead) or a number of factors. Have Ford looked at why the Falcon isn't selling????? Lets hope the FG2 flies when released......
In fact I believe that having much longer model cycles is a positive thing.

There is not much more annoying when you are sitting in your 12 month old "brand new latest model bloody expensive" pride and joy than having it religated to "the old model".

It lowers resale and makes the whole idea of buying a new car much less viable.

Australia is one of the few places in the world that actually does this.

Euros such as BMW, Merc, Audi, Porsche et al. tend to run a body shape for longer periods with minor changes.
Japan tends often to be the same, my datto ran from 2002 to 2009 and something like a Toyota Aurion has been around for yonks.

New cars are expensive and for most are a fairly long term investment.

The last new FPV I bought was a BA2 F6 in April 2005. I usually run on a fairly short 3 year cycle and in that time my F6 was not just the "old model" but when I went to trade it in April 2008 it was FOUR models old (BA2, BF, BF2, FG) or THREE if you count BF/2 as one model and was worth about two squirts of goats pee.

FG has been a bit better being 3 years old now and I hope the "FG2" is not a huge change cosmetically as making the FG an "old model shape" will just hurt thoes who already have one and make it more difficult to make a decission to spend a LOT of money in what are really tough times on something the at best will lose you quite a bit.

Shiny new models every year or so are great for the fanbois to wax lyrical over but unfortunately THEY ARE NOT THE ONES WHO BUY NEW CARS.

And for those who do not care about new cars and are happy that the resale is so terrible remember that if there are fewer new ones sold then there will be fewer used ones forcing the price up and possibly leading to the dark place where Leyland P76, Valiant, Mitsu 380 etc. all reside.......

Last edited by flappist; 10-06-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #15
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
THEY ARE NOT THE ONES WHO BUY NEW CARS......
Quoted just to reinforce how true this is. For years people complained about the v8's performance and now we have the Miami and sales still aren't exactly stellar.......
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Old 20-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #16
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
Quoted just to reinforce how true this is. For years people complained about the v8's performance and now we have the Miami and sales still aren't exactly stellar.......
This is true.

Unfortunately... I can only be a fan until I have worked my way up the career chain to be able to afford one. And I do want to own one.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #17
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
. It beggars believe that the dark side can keep the same styling for 5 years and still sell the dunnydore!!!! and Ford cann't, sell the Falcon,.
i'm sure Sony felt the same way with their Betamax against JVC's VHS format. Beta was technically better, but people bought VHS instead.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #18
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
The only problem with all that is the fact that Ford dont build a wagon or a V8 Falcon anymore.

Holden will always have that edge for as long as it continues to build wagons and give customers the option of V8's across the range...

Doesnt matter how good the car looks or how many features it has, it will never compete with Commodore again.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #19
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
The only problem with all that is the fact that Ford dont build a wagon or a V8 Falcon anymore.

Holden will always have that edge for as long as it continues to build wagons and give customers the option of V8's across the range...

Doesnt matter how good the car looks or how many features it has, it will never compete with Commodore again.
On the V8 issue.

Ford have a high performance T6 that uses less fuel and is less expensive to register than a V8, Holden do not.

Now thare are some hard core V8 only buyers but they must not be in the majority otherwise XR8s would have outsold XR6Ts and the V8 fairmont would not have been such a slow seller.
In the FPV range the V8 has tradionally outsold the T6 on many occasions but I suspect that this is more the GT badge outselling the not GT badge as evert V8 FTE/FPV that did not have a GT badge has been a somewhat luke warm seller at best.

The V8 hard core constantly cite "SS sales" as the reason why Ford should put a V8 in everything for the upcoming GT-H all the way down to the Fiesta but I wonder just what impact a turbo 6 with similar performance the the Falcon turbo 6 would have of the mixture of holden vehicle sales, that is just what percentage of V8 commodore sales are a compromise as the buyer wants/needs more torque than the rather lackluster alloytec provides but would prefer to keep other costs down.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #20
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
On the V8 issue.

Ford have a high performance T6 that uses less fuel and is less expensive to register than a V8, Holden do not.

Now thare are some hard core V8 only buyers but they must not be in the majority otherwise XR8s would have outsold XR6Ts and the V8 fairmont would not have been such a slow seller.
In the FPV range the V8 has tradionally outsold the T6 on many occasions but I suspect that this is more the GT badge outselling the not GT badge as evert V8 FTE/FPV that did not have a GT badge has been a somewhat luke warm seller at best.

The V8 hard core constantly cite "SS sales" as the reason why Ford should put a V8 in everything for the upcoming GT-H all the way down to the Fiesta but I wonder just what impact a turbo 6 with similar performance the the Falcon turbo 6 would have of the mixture of holden vehicle sales, that is just what percentage of V8 commodore sales are a compromise as the buyer wants/needs more torque than the rather lackluster alloytec provides but would prefer to keep other costs down.
And 60% of Calais V sales are V8...

Ford has never put a decent V8 in its Falcon range!! Holdens has always been better...

Yes Ford has the Turbo but many people still want V8's...
Old 10-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #21
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And 60% of Calais V sales are V8...

Ford has never put a decent V8 in its Falcon range!! Holdens has always been better...

Yes Ford has the Turbo but many people still want V8's...
ALWAYS?

Clevo vs 308?
EFI windsor vs 304?

These many who want V8s, why did they not buy the B series non XR V8?
Why are they not buying the GS? (oh the badge of course....)
Old 10-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #22
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Ford has never put a decent V8 in its Falcon range!!
Oh dear..........
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #23
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Is the Commodore really selling that well? Look at its range and the figures.
The Falcon and Commodore are not selling.

I would rather Ford do running updates to the Falcon instead of a complete update. The exterior on the Falcon is fine, a small tweak here and there should be ok but nothing major...to early in the product cycle.
Old 23-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #24
RASER
Banned

Question **SOS** Re: FG Series II, When?

[quote=Wretched]Is the Commodore really selling that well? Look at its range and the figures.
quote]

Falcon sales are a total disaster, take a looksie at the Ford plant on Hume Hwy, they have run out of room to store them Falcons, they are doing a SAAB!

I blame Ford management monkeys 100%

The Commodore has been the #1 seller in Oz for 15? years, *not* really sure why, it does not seem any better than a Falcon in any way at all, performance/room/economy/style/price etc, its all very very close.

The Falcon is heading down the Mitsubishi 380 road of no return, i dont think its even in the top 10 anymore, has the alarm bells rang at HQ yet?

Ford did it to themselves, no export, no wagon, no panel van, no LTD, no Fairlane [not farm], no RTV, no nothing and no [bad/poor] future.

Maybe because "Holden" is Australian, [lol] and FORD is seen as American?

How to turn it around:

1.Offer a diesel Falcon [i know its stupid, NO savings, but the punters buy them] most of the work has been already done on the Terri.
2.Bring back all the other models that they have killed
3/Make a range of vans, coupe & soft-top too.[VW Golf style]
4/Reduce the price, should never sell for over $29,990 driveaway, baseline model, price of cars are getting lower and lower, they keep jacking up the price every year and without any need.
6/Kill off the ecoboost engine, cannot see how its going to save anymore than 1 - 2L over the IL6, waste of time and money/effort.
7/"High-tech" the IL6, ie: piston/cylinder shut down on light loads and idle, direct injection, multiair head system from Fiat, then show how it uses LESS fuel than a Corolla, i30 etc.
8/Maybe even offer a hybrid IL6 [NO saving, but makes you seem "green"]
9/Offer free car service to buyers, maybe even offer work/home service
10/Increase the warranty period to 150,000km/5 year
11/Treat buyers as valued, aka royalty [Lexus style]
12/Public to drive a Falcon [only other Falcon owners allowed] non stop around Australia, beat that puppets record in the P1800 Volvo, he is near 3 million miles, has a good head start! [Its going to take 7 years min.!]
13/ Export, export, export, both the USA Law Enforcment and NY taxi fleet would have had a good hard look at them, IF Ford made the effort.
14/Work on increasing the resale value
15/MASSIVE increase in quality of product

Well keep adding to this list, & keep buying Falcons because they need our help!

THE largest cost of Ford ownership is NOT fuel use, NOT servicing etc but depreciation

In the soup!

Last edited by RASER; 23-06-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Mr.Ed
Old 23-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #25
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: **SOS** Re: FG Series II, When?

[QUOTE=RASER]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
Is the Commodore really selling that well? Look at its range and the figures.
quote]

Falcon sales are a total disaster, take a looksie at the Ford plant on Hume Hwy, they have run out of room to store them Falcons, they are doing a SAAB!

I blame Ford management monkeys 100%

The Commodore has been the #1 seller in Oz for 15? years, *not* really sure why, it does not seem any better than a Falcon in any way at all, performance/room/economy/style/price etc, its all very very close.

The Falcon is heading down the Mitsubishi 380 road of no return, i dont think its even in the top 10 anymore, has the alarm bells rang at HQ yet?

Ford did it to themselves, no export, no wagon, no panel van, no LTD, no Fairlane [not farm], no RTV, no nothing and no [bad/poor] future.

Maybe because "Holden" is Australian, [lol] and FORD is seen as American?

How to turn it around:

1.Offer a diesel Falcon [i know its stupid, NO savings, but the punters buy them] most of the work has been already done on the Terri.
2.Bring back all the other models that they have killed
3/Make a range of vans, coupe & soft-top too.[VW Golf style]
4/Reduce the price, should never sell for over $29,990 driveaway, baseline model, price of cars are getting lower and lower, they keep jacking up the price every year and without any need.
6/Kill off the ecoboost engine, cannot see how its going to save anymore than 1 - 2L over the IL6, waste of time and money/effort.
7/"High-tech" the IL6, ie: piston/cylinder shut down on light loads and idle, direct injection, multiair head system from Fiat, then show how it uses LESS fuel than a Corolla, i30 etc.
8/Maybe even offer a hybrid IL6 [NO saving, but makes you seem "green"]
9/Offer free car service to buyers, maybe even offer work/home service
10/Increase the warranty period to 150,000km/5 year
11/Treat buyers as valued, aka royalty [Lexus style]
12/Public to drive a Falcon [only other Falcon owners allowed] non stop around Australia, beat that puppets record in the P1800 Volvo, he is near 3 million miles, has a good head start! [Its going to take 7 years min.!]
13/ Export, export, export, both the USA Law Enforcment and NY taxi fleet would have had a good hard look at them, IF Ford made the effort.
14/Work on increasing the resale value
15/MASSIVE increase in quality of product

Well keep adding to this list, & keep buying Falcons because they need our help!

THE largest cost of Ford ownership is NOT fuel use, NOT servicing etc but depreciation

In the soup!
Thank god your not running the show.. It would have closed down years ago with most of those comments!!
Old 23-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #26
RASER
Banned

Default Re: **SOS** Re: FG Series II, When?

[quote=Joe5619]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASER
Thank god your not running the show.. It would have closed down years ago with most of those comments!!
Well FOMOCO here in AUS are doing a pretty good job of heading down a dead end road themselves, they need to make some big changes, and quickly, do the math, cannot go on like it is.

I see Ford ending up like Nissan and Mitsubishi, a 100% fully imported range of vehicles, at the current exchange rate lots of USA models could well be on the way in the future, F150...yes please!!

That means the end of Falcon and Terri, if they think that injected LPG and Ecoboost is going to turn things around for the Falcon, then they believe pigs fly too

Yours,

A proud Falcon owner!
Old 23-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #27
Doodlemax
Banned

Quote:
It's not the Car that makes the commodore popular, it's the brand perception that Holden have created by never deviating from the plan for the last 30 odd years. Never dropping the V8. Making small but positive steps in one direction. It's the work done in the last two decades that has elevated the brand to today's success. The VE isn't half bad either, but it's much like the Hilux, not the best ute by a long shot but the most popular thanks to its consistent and incremental history.

You can just about set your watch by the Hilux models (the new on due out soon is only cosmetic changes, same engines which means the first new shape Hilux will be as valuable as the latest model).

Ford on the other hand... so many holes in Falcons history I don't know where to start. Great car (by far the best in it's class), poor public perception and reputation (and shiiit resale). :(
Old 23-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #28
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlemax
It's not the Car that makes the commodore popular, it's the brand perception that Holden have created by never deviating from the plan for the last 30 odd years. Never dropping the V8. Making small but positive steps in one direction. It's the work done in the last two decades that has elevated the brand to today's success. The VE isn't half bad either, but it's much like the Hilux, not the best ute by a long shot but the most popular thanks to its consistent and incremental history. :(
Well, GM Holden did in fact plan to permanently drop the V8 for the VL. It was a public petition for "V8's til '98" which made the decision temporary. When it returned, it came back with, 122kW/323Nm... Commodore still had a gap of nearly 12 months without a V8. Leaving the VL Turbo as the hero of the range. Sound familiar...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlemax
Ford on the other hand... so many holes in Falcons history I don't know where to start. Great car (by far the best in it's class), poor public perception and reputation (and shiiit resale). :(
The resale value is according to REDBOOK better for the Falcon pretty much across the range. The resale may in fact be a virtual or real loss depending on when you buy in the model cycle. The resale figure is based off the full RRP. The RRP of a Falcon XR6 is $45k. They are advertised for $34,990. So a 23k resale value at 3 years is actually pretty good.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
Old 24-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #29
Doodlemax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
Well, GM Holden did in fact plan to permanently drop the V8 for the VL. It was a public petition for "V8's til '98" which made the decision temporary. When it returned, it came back with, 122kW/323Nm... Commodore still had a gap of nearly 12 months without a V8. Leaving the VL Turbo as the hero of the range. Sound familiar...
But I bet that most people, including me don't know that and think that like many things that Holden does it better, and is the one to go for. We all know that's no the truth but you have to be almost 'star wars' nerd level to know most of these facts. And I personally think this makes a big difference to why Holden's brand is perceived better compared to Ford.

Thanks for pointing that out, I would never have known. BTW how do you know that!?! I am impressed
Old 24-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #30
Doodlemax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
The resale value is according to REDBOOK better for the Falcon pretty much across the range. The resale may in fact be a virtual or real loss depending on when you buy in the model cycle. The resale figure is based off the full RRP. The RRP of a Falcon XR6 is $45k. They are advertised for $34,990. So a 23k resale value at 3 years is actually pretty good.
I can choose from 350 1 year old FG XR6s in Qld on carsales alone right now and many (at least 50) are for $25K driveaway. That's $10K in one year or less based on the DISCOUNTED price, its nearly $20K in one year if you pay full RRP. Pretty bad when my five year old "other brand" car is worth the same and cost $40K when new.

Personally I ignore Redbook, I have not been able to replicate their claims when buying or selling (sometimes improving their claims though). But that's just me.

I don't think I will buy a 'new' XR6 for $34,990 when I can buy an 'near new' one year old under 20,000km of the exact same car for $10K less. Would you?

Other than that I would buy one because they are a great family car and cheap but I think the 'cheap' part is false economy because I will lose so much more come change over (and have to compete with so many second hand models for sale). Shame but reality.

I feel many people don't want to think ahead come resale because it's hard to fathom an non tangible cost. But once you have had a few new cars and changed them over you realise how important resale is and how futile saving fuel is in comparison (I'd have a V8 over a Diesel if the resale was better). For me if the FG could hold it's value like some other cars than it would be one of the best cars in the world, not Australia.

Holden suffers from this too though (and other Brands).

Last edited by Doodlemax; 24-07-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Closed Thread