Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-09-2007, 03:51 PM   #1
NL FBT 98
"Tickled By Tickford"

Default Youre Help Needed - Fairlane By Tickford website.

Hi there all,

I am a newbie member to the forums but have been lurking in the background for a year or so.
Some of my past machines have been XA GT and XB GT Coupes, and have owned nearly every Fairlane that has been brought out over time.

Next week I take ownership of my new toy a Fairlane By Tickford No. 22 and am waiting like a child beneath a Christmas tree on Christmas eve. Anyway over the coming weeks I will post some shots of the new beast when she arrives.

I have seen over the years, numerous posts about these sweet 'lanes' and have registered the domain www.fairlanebytickford.com There is only a splash screen at the moment just announcing the site but by November the 1st, I will be adding to what I have already designed and built and will officially open the site.

Basically it will contain info about the FBT, history, owner’s cars, an FBT registry, downloads section, links etc

This is where YOU can become involved. Whether you own one or whether you just like them.

There are very many talented individuals on this forum that are very artistic and creative. I would like to offer up a 3 brand new copies of the book 'Tickford - The Joy Of Driving' by Author Gavin Farmer to the best designed header for the website, a copy for a person who designs the webpage logo - orientated around either FBT or Fairlane By Tickford and last but not least a copy to the person who designs the best 10th Anniversary FBT Logo. (As 2008 will herald the 10th Anniversary of the Fairlane By Tickford)

Most importantly there are other ways you could help contribute, which is with the following:

Photos
Documents
(These could be anything from a pic of your freinds FBT through to FBT's being produced at the Tickford factory.)
Parts books/manuals
Repair books/manuals
Adverts of their release
Tickford factory info / contacts of past workers for interviews on the manufacture
Blue prints and Graphic Artists impression sheets
Flyers
Infosheets
Names of Magazines or Books that the FBT's have been written about in
Logos you have found on the net or could scan
Artwork of FBT's or cartoon funnies of FBT's
Write ups
Spares that you have for sale or trade
Spares that you are looking for
Parts or spares that you are looking for to request as a group order from FORD.

If there is anything that you can share but need it scanned or copied I would only be too happy to cover the postage and have it returned with all due care taken.

There will be a register on the website which will detail owner, number, state, what colour, factory options, additional mods - it will give a means of being able to know where these cars are and how many have hit the highway to motoring heaven.

If you are the owner of an FBT and would like to have your beast on the website with a write up - well get cracking and email me the pictures and the write up. It would be great to open the website looking at least half decent than not at all.

I can be emailed at info@fairlanebytickford.com or you can email me and I can arrange to send you my contact details via email for anyone with something to surface post or similar.

The website is for all those that own or like the FBT - for all lovers of great FORDS.

At this stage I am hoping to have the website up and running by November the 1st or close to that date anyway. So if you are feeling artistic you have a chance to obtain a great book for your efforts. I will post the winning picture here in this forum and on the fairlainebytickford.com website toward the end of October.

Good luck all - and big thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

See you on the road,

Darren and Family

TS50 T3 2002 Blueprint No. 197

Fairlane By Tickford No. 22 of 106 - A Wolf in Sheeps Clothing

1998 NL Fairlane Tickford Concorde

1999 AU Tickford XR8 - Glenn Seton / Neil Crompton Ford Tickford Racing REPLICA

A 'True Warrior' fights not because he 'Hates' what is in front of him, but because he 'Loves' what is behind him.
LEST WE FORGET our Serving Soldiers and War Veterans.
NL FBT 98 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post