Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Exclamation AU2 XR8 Trouble with Clutch and Accelerator Pedals

Hi all,

I know manual Falcons can feel pretty agricultural/rough but I've been having what I think are some issues with my XR8. I'd like to suss out whether they're real problems, I'm making it up in my head, or 'that's just the way they drive'

I find that some days she's easy to drive with a wide margin for error/sloppiness in timing shifts etc but most of the time a fair bit of concentration has to go in to drive smoothly.

My issues relate to the clutch pedal, the accelerator pedal (and perhaps other bits and pieces?)

Clutch:
Take-up point is very high, and theres no more adjustment left. Sometimes the take up point is very defined, other times vague (but always in the same spot)
I can hear a 'spring sound' most of the time I engage the clutch
Sometimes I can feel a 'grating' sensation when I engage (snagging on the firewall?)

However:
Doesn't slip
Gear changes are nice and tight/smooth (except reverse can be hard to engage sometimes)

Accelerator Pedal/Other:
Sort of 'notchy' (hard to accelerate smoothly)
Hard to hold revs at a certain point
Car feels like it has no power under low throttle, mash the pedal and it's too much.

When the accelerator pedal is difficult, it makes gear changes difficult as revs generally drop to low, then the clutch can be difficult and I end up with some pretty clunky gear shifts. If I drive flat out (stall it right up, hard launch, shift at high revs), it irons out the shifts, but that's not really a fix!

If anyone can offer any suggestions it'd be greatly appreciated!

LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post