Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #11
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Any VF performance figures out there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
Well I've run out of popcorn watching the show so i'll just say this,
People seem to have forgotten that HSV are running nice wide 20 inch rims and arguably the most expensive / softest / stickiest tyres you can possibly buy whereas over in the blue corner we have FPV with their 245 section very average quality Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres, getting very similar performance numbers down the strip. I would have thought its a given that FPV's numbers would improve with wider and substaintially better quality rubber...but this simple reality seems too hard for some to want to understand...

Without any doubt and by any objective unemotional analysis both brands have their own merits...now can you please wait five minutes before the show starts again so I can replenish my popcorn supply
I agree the FPV's would go quicker with better tyres but in saying that so would the HSV's.

I highly doubt the GTS tyres are the most expensive / stickiest tyres available for purchase, they're probably only a few hundred more a set than than dunlops.