Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-04-2006, 12:39 AM   #1
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Default $105 Parking Ticket %#$^%^%*&

Evening.

Just wanted to vent my extreme anger and frustration at getting a parking ticket after an otherwise law abiding, innocent and society-supporting night out at the local cinema with dinner at a local eatery. The local council decided it wanted the tip... $105 worth for parking in a No Standing zone aparrently. Whilst I don't argue the validity of this, I was indeed parked in one, the spirit of it all is what sucks. Got done at 10:10pm for a 10pm to 7am No standing zone, in a Melburnian suburb in the middle of suburbia, nowhere near a main road or arterial. Missed it by maybe 5 minutes too, got to my car around 10:15pm.

No sign of the bottom-feeding rear-end material eating societal terrorist who used his beady little eyes to cast shame upon all humans by staring at my numberplate and breathing the oxygen within our atmosphere and using his grubby little digits to print out a waste of ink on his narrow little slip of toilet paper. ON A SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not happy Jan. Never lost a point in over 150,000km of driving over 7 years in multiple states, never had anything other than one parking fine, now I've got my second. Achieves NOTHING!!!!! Except more revenue.

I have a mate who is registered in a state other than Victoria who has received multiple tickets over more than a year here in Victoria and never once received a letter following up at his NSW home address (he hasn't paid a single one) so I was wondering if this was truth that they just don't follow up the interstate ones...

The ticket also said it's for a sedan when I don't own a sedan but a hatch... that grounds for appeal? Or simple non payment?

So much for doing the right thing and supporting your local entertainment and restaurant facilities.