Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-08-2023, 04:15 PM   #11
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Queensland Nabs More Low Level than High Level Lead Foots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
In Sydney, NSW, even one point will add typically about $300 to a green slip price. So if you have five registered cars () that’s another $1500/yr over an effective period of three or four years.

I’m opposed to enforcement cherry-picking; low range speeding - especially by mobile cameras - is largely this, and would prefer a greater and more social presence of police in the community. If you could get accredited dash cameras and their mounting fitted with a tamper-proof seal by the police or a government agency, it might be useful for prosecution of other behaviours that wind up motorists. Like tailgating.
No 'green slip' here, just the usual TAC charge included in your rego cost, which wasn't included on the price of heavy vehicle registrations on VicRoads website which I think is a bit disingenuous.

In fact my sketchy driving history didn't even count towards the insurance on my truck either because it didn't happen in a commercial vehicle - the insurance company wasn't interested in what I did in a car, they were more concerned about me being new to the industry.

Even though I'm quite aware I drive like a flog, I agree with how they cherry pick which laws they choose to enforce, but that's not just related to speeding, it occurs all the way across Victoria, it was very evident during the lockdown era.

Spend a day in your local magistrates court and watch all the convictions and see how driving offences are treated much harsher than violent crimes like domestic/family violence, rapes and stuff like illicit drug supply offences.

Go google Adrian Bayley if you want to see an interesting example of the legal system taking the **** in Victoria.

Its just because its politically popular to punch down on driving offences in the eyes of the public, I reckon there will be community backlash and the police are going to get a talking to in the Surf Coast community about booking people for driving too slow as it directly contradicts the 'speed kills' messaging thats been going on for decades.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post