Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 13-12-2018, 06:08 PM   #1
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: 2019 Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton View Post
A bigger car, more powerful, full leather trim, Sony sound system, front parking sensors, electric boot, standard panoramic roof, the list goes on. I can see why mate.

It was a no brainer really. I would have liked to have the new Focus as its always nice to have the first of a model but on paper it did not stack up. We can pretty much use the Mondeo for everything where as the Focus would have only been a city vehicle.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2018, 12:35 PM   #2
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Default Re: 2019 Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
.....where as the Focus would have only been a city vehicle.
I want want want a Focus 2019 ST (not St-line), to replace my daily drive XR5 Mondeo. Don't consider the smaller Focus size as being city only. Years ago, I took, my 1980 Accord Hatch to Townsville (3000km one way from home,, and back !!) and 1400km one way to Adelaide, and frequent 7.5hr each-way drives over a weekend to visit parents on central north NSW coast. My later 1989 Prelude did the same, but in more comfort and my own form of zoom zoom.
I expect current new cars to be more comfortable and be well equipped for eating up this big country's miles.

The new Focus is not that small compared to earlier models. Don't discount it.
However, I am concerned about durability of that little 1.5lt 3 cylinder for scooting around big country Australia.

Re Prices: well, market forces will once again drive what happens there (pun intended).
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post