Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-08-2007, 11:31 PM   #61
chrispie123
Banned

well wont need to fit rotors to mine i got bored and fitted them today but i will still be there sms me a time and address braden
i gotta go to melb late sat arvo
chrispie123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2007, 11:46 AM   #62
holmsy
Banned

yeh currently my back bumper is undergoing some more paint fixing. im hopeing i can get it sorted today. so sick of them. just want them done and on the bloody car.
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #63
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

What exactly happened to it?
Old 10-08-2007, 05:52 PM   #64
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

I just read your workshop build thread and saw you picked the shims up . What did they charge?

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done

Last edited by gthofan; 10-08-2007 at 05:59 PM.
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #65
Dezza
Parts bin special

I'm out. I'm now working from 4.00pm Saturday night for the graveyard shift, and since I don't want to drive a long distance till I get my car serviced, and I'd have to leave early (plus I'll need to be well rested before the 12 hour shift), it's best I don't go on any long drives.

Best of luck with the cam install

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2007, 08:04 PM   #66
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Who wants to have a premeet before heading up to Bendigo? We could all meet up at Campbellfield
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

mark_TD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2007, 09:58 PM   #67
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Okay guys,
For those who are interested in cruising up as a group we will be having a mini meet at Pier 35 in Port Melbourne at 7.30am so be there by then and then cruise together upto Bradens place. If you need directions on how to get to Pier 35 let me know on my mobile 0439995311 and i will be more than happy to assist you. Basically you take Todd Rd exit where the Shell/KFC is, turn right into Todd RD at Roundabout and Follow until you come to the train tracks at Lorimer Street, Turn Left into Lorimer street and follow down till you see us
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

Old 11-08-2007, 12:39 AM   #68
MISSN2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey can anyone come to this dont know very many people and thought it would be a chance to meet some of you guys!!
MISSN2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2007, 01:44 AM   #69
holmsy
Banned

bahahaha. 6 am cruising for the loose. ah well will meet yas at pier35 if i wake up in time. i just got home from work so im stuffed.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:06 AM   #70
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLY 4L
Hey can anyone come to this dont know very many people and thought it would be a chance to meet some of you guys!!
Yeah mate your very welcome to come. I'll send you a PM with my address for if you decide to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmsy
bahahaha. 6 am cruising for the loose. ah well will meet yas at pier35 if i wake up in time. i just got home from work so im stuffed.
I just got home from work now so how do you think I'm gonna feel! At least I dont have to get up quite as early.

You guys are unreal, your all very keen traveling up so early, should be a good day. I've got coke and snags for lunch and theres a supermarket just around the corner if we want more snacks!
See ya's soon.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:58 AM   #71
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Well I got home at 4am from Bayswater and just woke up Damn it. Sorry guys for the stuff around but I will see you all at Bradens Im about to head off now solo :(

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)

Old 11-08-2007, 08:05 PM   #72
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Ah what a day. First off the shims were the wrong size, we needed the 16mm diameter ones. So after touring Bendigo we finally came across a set, phew. Now hopefully I'll get my money back from Ford! We got the cam in no worries but most of the day was spent trying to get the car started. We got a new dizzy module and put it in but we just couldnt get the timing right. It's annoying the cR@p out of me know because the cam is in but I cant take it for a spin!

Thanks heaps to everyone that came up to Bendigo for the day, very much appreciated.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:20 PM   #73
efgiar
rofl copter

braden, take the dizzy out, mark said the timing was out by 180? try take the dizzy out and check the gear, maybe worn too far... have u got spark? fuel? is the car cranking over?

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2007, 08:25 PM   #74
chrispie123
Banned

car is cranking over now got spark and fuel, turning the motor over we can see dizzy rotor moving with cap off so the dizzy gear is alligned, just cant work out timing coil pack cars ftw lol
chrispie123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2007, 08:31 PM   #75
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

^^What he said Josh, I dont know enough about it all yet, I'm trying to learn tho!

If anyone can help me tomorrow that would be great, otherwise I'll take it to my mechanic and let him do it.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:46 PM   #76
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Well just got back to Werribee and what a great day it was despite the timing issue. Thanks to all the guys that helped out Braden especially Chris and Scott. I didnt do much at all which is a shame. Thanks to Braden for the BBQ and for haing us there to help and spectate. I didnt mind coming up to do nothing but to see u guys again and its also the best way to meet new people and make friends from it. Sorry we couldnt stay longer but we had to go the VSS and time was getting by LOL. But Thanks anyway Braden and I hope it all works out tomorrow for you and hope to catch up again shortly.

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)

Old 11-08-2007, 10:23 PM   #77
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Thanks Mark, what do you mean you didnt do much? You were our taxi into Repco twice! Chris said he'll come around tomorrow and have another fiddle. It's so close to firing up but its just not getting there. Will let you's know how we go tomorrow.
Possibly in a few weeks we could organize a run at Calder one Friday night.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:01 AM   #78
bentles
Banned

so its still not working?

damn man i feel sorry for you. when do u need to use it by? if you get your cash back from fraud it wouldnt be much of a stretch to get a new dizy i guess?
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 01:43 AM   #79
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentles
so its still not working?

damn man i feel sorry for you. when do u need to use it by? if you get your cash back from fraud it wouldnt be much of a stretch to get a new dizy i guess?
Yeah we had a little more of a go at it but to no avail. I can proberly just get away with not having the car for a few days but it'll kill me inside!
Chris is coming back tomorrow for another shot at it.

I'm gonna be cut if Fraud dont give my money back for the wrong size shims. Not sure if the actual dizzy is the problem tho, Chris seems to think once we have the dizzy in the correct timing it'll be sweet.
I set the battery charger up before as the last few times I was trying to crank it she was struggling since we'd be trying all day.

Stay tuned anyway and once its all sweet we'll organize something. Good to meet you properly anyway Bentles, I'm not sure if we actually met on the Morninton Cruise, and thanks for all your help.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:22 PM   #80
holmsy
Banned

well sorry i had to leave at 3. i made it to work at 5.06 so i did well.
and i soon discovered 2 bottles of good vodka for $60 and also that my mate was across the road from my place getting ****ed. so i went there and we finished a bottle off. and i only just got home from bendigo an hour ago

was good to meet all you guys and have a look at a nice drag car
definatly worth the drive. but maby next time a mid way point would be better :P

also thanks to the guys for helping me change my bumper. not a hard job but made much easier when people know exactly what needs undoing.
im loving the new look on my car. ill get pictures of it eventually

Last edited by holmsy; 12-08-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #81
Dezza
Parts bin special

I'm spewing I couldn't make it. Shame to hear about the timing issue, but it seems you all had a good time anyway.

And Holmsy, pics or ban!

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
Old 12-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #82
holmsy
Banned

dude gimi time. i am screwed. hardly sleept in a few days. plus a matter of hours ago i couldn't feel my teeth :P

plus i got to go to work soon.
will get some tomorrow definitely.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:45 PM   #83
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmsy
dude gimi time. i am screwed. hardly sleept in a few days. plus a matter of hours ago i couldn't feel my teeth :P

plus i got to go to work soon.
will get some tomorrow definitely.
lol at couldn't feel your teeth. Don't worry, I hardly slept last night either. I didn't get to bed till 4.30am after finishing a 12 hour shift at work and woke up before 11

Old 13-08-2007, 02:24 AM   #84
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Holmsy we'll defiantly have to catch up again soon, it was good to meet some new faces and yeah that drag car was sweet!
Mark remember when you were showing me your idle with the same cam, when you revved it sometimes the motor would only slowly come back down to idle speed, well mines doing that too. I'm guessing its normal or is there a way to fix that?
Old 13-08-2007, 10:14 AM   #85
bentles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
Holmsy we'll defiantly have to catch up again soon, it was good to meet some new faces and yeah that drag car was sweet!
Mark remember when you were showing me your idle with the same cam, when you revved it sometimes the motor would only slowly come back down to idle speed, well mines doing that too. I'm guessing its normal or is there a way to fix that?
i thought that was because of the auto ecu me and mark both are still running (or are you using a manual one mark?)

mine hangs for a second when you clutch but then it comes down as per normal.
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 11:35 AM   #86
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Mark's was slowly coming down and hanging around 1 grand for a while then coming down to normal idle speed, mine just sometimes slowly comes down to idle speed.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #87
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentles
i thought that was because of the auto ecu me and mark both are still running (or are you using a manual one mark?)

mine hangs for a second when you clutch but then it comes down as per normal.
I have had both the auto and manual ECU in the EB and they were both ED XR6 ones. I found that the manual one was rather quick at coming to idle where as the auto one hagged for a bit then drops. It could be just running it Braden but I know with the manual one it was rapid to idle. Give it a week to see what happens, it can take upto 2 weeks anyway for the cam and ecu to settle anyway so i wouldnt be worried at this stage.

To answer your question Bentles im running a ED XR6 auto ECU

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)