Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-05-2008, 11:50 PM   #61
DougM

Hi Guys.....

This is my 2nd 220.......The mechanic did tell me that his dyno is conservative compared to some other more popular Sydney shops usng dyno dynamics... His is not a dyno dynamics.

My first 220 was a manual that was tuned by a very popular shop on a dyno dynamics dyno....Only mod was a CAI......Stock was 174 rwkw, tuned 184rwkw.......I was later told that their dyno is known to be a "happy" dyno. My Stock XR6T auto was 204rwkw on that same dyno!!! tuned my XR6 was 250rwkw.....On another day,same dyno it was 238rwkw.

Any way, on the current dyno the same mechanic gets readings of 170-190rwkw for std XR6T's so my 176kw seem right when you compare it to a 240kw XR6......The exhaust mod that i have is only a cat back system....I still have the original headers and cats.....I think we get too caught up in the numbers.....This 220 feels much faster than my old one and there is definately a huge improvement since the edit......I'll try and get out to the creek for the real test.....
DougM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2008, 12:02 AM   #62
WoodysXR6
Wanting a sprint!

Hey DougM, when you say it has firmer shifts ,does it seem quicker shifts like a shift kit or still smooth and is it very touchy on the pedal for kick backs? :
Old 14-05-2008, 12:13 AM   #63
DougM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODYS_XR8
Hey DougM, when you say it has firmer shifts ,does it seem quicker shifts like a shift kit or still smooth and is it very touchy on the pedal for kick backs? :

The shifts are quicker but still smooth....The auto now feels more like my BAXR6T that I had. Kick down is not touchy at all....The other thing is that the shift mods were done only on the "performance mode" so that you can alter it even more if you wish for higher performance and revert back to adaptive shift for everyday driving when you want to.....
Old 14-05-2008, 12:19 AM   #64
Muzza
Bent Eight

DougM....nice ride

I have one of these as well.... have had it from new and have loved it every minute.

Last week I installed Kings Lows and Koni adjustables all round (plus some Noltec here and there).
Drops the back a little and car sits better.
But, big improvement in handling.
CHALK and CHEESE wrt to original..... I am loving it all over again !!

If you are looking at spending some $$$ (chips and other mods notwithstanding) I highly recommend the suspension upgrade.
MrsMuzza: ED XR6 wagon (Mock Dev 4 160rwkw, JMM extractors, 4 electric windows, Ghia door panels in XR trim, rear head rests in XR trim, Momo s/wheel with Cruise, EL thermos, EBGT wheels (8.5ins wide...nice), Sprint leather interior).
Muzza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2008, 06:47 AM   #65
DavesXr8

Hey Muzza what was the cost on the suspension if you don't mind me asking?

Dave
DavesXr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2008, 09:24 AM   #66
DougM

Suspension will be the next item on my shopping list........It has always been a priority for me.....I have upset a lot of "fully worked" cars on a country drive in cars that had some simple mods(exhaust/intake) but had good suspension set ups......
Old 14-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #67
Muzza
Bent Eight

The King springs were around $140 per pair.
The Shockers were $1140 for front and back.
I also changed the shear mountings at rear ($60-ish each)... these degrade over time.
I Noltec-ed the lower shocker bushes front and rear (around $100 for the 4).
Noltec rear bushes on the front lower control arms.
Replaced the front bushes (always use Ford rubber on front bushes) and lower ball joints whilst I had the arms out (about $60 ea for bushes and $25ea for ball joints).
Installed Noltec Camber kits ($120-ish each).

Did all the work myself.
MrsMuzza: ED XR6 wagon (Mock Dev 4 160rwkw, JMM extractors, 4 electric windows, Ghia door panels in XR trim, rear head rests in XR trim, Momo s/wheel with Cruise, EL thermos, EBGT wheels (8.5ins wide...nice), Sprint leather interior).
Muzza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2008, 10:38 PM   #68
TIC-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry guys a bit off the topic but if anyone is interested or knows someone who is interested in a 220KW AUIII XR8, click on the "our car link" below as our car is for sale at the moment.

cheers
TIC-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post