Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #31
mad cow
blue oval addict

if anyone actually wants a good panelbeater, i use lwm panels in echuca and they have never let me down. they just did a heap of work on my territory (body kit driving lights and color coding) and they not only went overboard with the body kit by adding more bracing, they also bonded it to the body and matched the paint perfectly. they did a first class job which was on time and also to the quoted price (i expected to pay more as there was a lot of extra work involved) then when i picked the car up it was fully detailed for no extra cost. this guy does mostly custom work and gets jobs from all over vic and nsw and its easy to see why. if anyone wants his number shoot me a pm and i will send it back to you.
mad cow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2008, 09:02 PM   #32
HSE2

This is the perfect example why after market is not s suitable substitution for the removal of factory fitted sunroofs.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2008, 09:18 AM   #33
desGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
This is the perfect example why after market is not s suitable substitution for the removal of factory fitted sunroofs.
The sunroof (FG GT) fitted recently by Prestige (Melb) is a much better fit than the crappy job done by FPV/Ford (BF GT). Prestige had to do work on the "factory fitted" sunroof.

Having said that, I would be VERY careful who I chose for after market work. This would be a rare case of aftermarket perhaps being better.
desGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #34
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Webasto have been in the industry for years, my mate used to work for them. They had a good name and service reputation. Since my mate left-the place has gone down hill big time.
Old 15-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #35
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by desGT
The sunroof (FG GT) fitted recently by Prestige (Melb) is a much better fit than the crappy job done by FPV/Ford (BF GT). Prestige had to do work on the "factory fitted" sunroof.

Having said that, I would be VERY careful who I chose for after market work. This would be a rare case of aftermarket perhaps being better.
On any given day anyone can stuff up a job. My FPV sunroof is fine.

Of all the options now required in FG this requires the most research and thought.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #36
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by richa
Where's SOURBASTARD when you need him? he'd know what to do.
I'm guessing it would involve a few 44 gallon drums and a quantity of acid
:evil3:

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #37
Plugg3r
Bogan w/ Wheels?

Yeh it's pathetic stuff mate, and it's very bad up here.

Leaving in Mildura for 17yrs then moving up here was a culture hit everyone takes so long and are never indeed caring about there service.

Up here they would of started to cut a hole in the roof THEN tell you they can't touch it yet.
Old 16-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #38
desGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
On any given day anyone can stuff up a job. My FPV sunroof is fine.

Of all the options now required in FG this requires the most research and thought.
Cannot agree more with that last statement. I went and visited Prestige and spoke to them for quite a while. They gave me a tour and explanation of what they did and also mentioned that they have only 5 operators who are trained for sunroof fitting - if they are not there the job does not get done.

With regards my BF sunroof fitted by FPV, the problem was excessive wind noise. The job itself was ok. Prestige rectified the problem.
desGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2008, 01:31 AM   #39
cooltint
FG F6310 Pilot

In our business we teach our guys to think about how they feel when someone doesn't turn up or ring to let you know they're running behind schedule. There's nothing worse than sitting around waiting for someone to turn up and they don't show.

We often get the go ahead on a job because the customer has called 3-4 people and we're the only ones who turn up or even bother to reply to their enquiry. I just tell them "It's not that we're so good, it's that the rest are so bad that makes us look good". That usually gets a chuckle.

Not providing old fashioned service is just plain rude in my opinion and shows a complete lack of respect for the customers' time.

Big AL
*** New ride *** 2009 Nitro FG F6310 what a rocket!!! PB Willowbank 12.70 @ 111.44 mph & 2.02 60ft with nothing but a K&N filter *** Previous ride *** 2005 Rapid BF F6 Typhoon, 6 Speed SSS, 19" FPV Alloys, K&N Filter, Tailored Sheepskins, Teflon Paint Protection and of course Premium Window Tint. 255.33rwkw/342.4rwhp (stock) RDP Dyno Day 10th Mar '07 PB:400m in 13.052 sec @ 108.20mph Willowbank 12th Aug '06 18deg ambient.
cooltint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2008, 12:25 PM   #40
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maybe an idea would be to put a red LED timer on the dash like the drive throughs have at Hungry Jacks to show how long the car has been waiting.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post