Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Uni Results: how'd you go?

Well i was a bit hesitant to check my uni results this morning but all good news!!!

passed em all!! (was so close to distinctions as well, something in 4yrs ive never gotten as im such a lazy a-hole).

now what does that mean? it means no more uni!! thank bloody christ!!!

anyway, how did the rest of the FF.com.au uni students go?

Old 14-07-2008, 10:37 AM   #2
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Hah, I remember think the exact same thing a couple of years ago. Trust me, when you start work full time, you will look back at uni as the good ol' days. Although I'm not complaining about the money!

My little brother killed his exams, D's and a couple of HD's. Nerd :

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2008, 10:41 AM   #3
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

1 HD and 3D's here

Was my last semester, now looking for work. I am very cheesed off with my GPA, 5.96. At least i can get a job now, I was invited to do an honours year, but im sick of studying and being broke.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #4
xy500
Constant annoyance

passed them all, some barely it was a bad semester i am glad is over, onto better things!
xy500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #5
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Although I've been out of uni for 4 1/2 years now, I still have nightmares that I'm coming up to final exams and haven't studied a whole semester worth of something and the exams the next day....panic!...then I wake up..... But in reality I can confidently say that uni was the best and most fun years of my life, and I'm very happy with where it has got me in life....(2 mortgages, well paid secure job that I enjoy, spare change to blow on cars and bikes and misc. toys, a lovely girlfriend with a baby on the way etc). But uni was a serious blast, I had the perfect balance of campus party life, playing with cars and riding bikes, and studying/doing assignments when it really mattered etc. Certainly a lot of partying, but exam/assignment weeks were havy duty, but loved getting them outta the way and really partying thereafter. Was well rewarded for my efforts, 2nd year I topped the class and got a cheque and an award, and graduated with a Distinction average after the 4 year course finished. Surprised I didn't fail 1st year though, but lifted my game after first semester when I realised that I was soon gonna run out of savings, and fail at the same time. I surprised a lot of people as I didn't fit the mold by any stretch and skipped a lot of classes except for the ones that I actually found value in or that were compulsory.
LOCO XP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2008, 10:30 PM   #6
HLC
Audi S3

i only copped a pass for the first half of my Honours Project (doing my honours in Industrial Design) so im not real happy with that, but i was fairly slack last semester so ive gotta pull my finger out for the rest of this year.

i got a credit in my elective "Systems Analysis and Design" which was asuprose. its a computing unit and i didnt really understand it, but hey, now ive got a major in Industrial Graphics lol
Old 15-07-2008, 12:02 AM   #7
ayeyew
Teh Baest

My results dont come out til the 16th.

But i know i'll be close to HD's in the 2 subjects i did (Doing my Masters part time as i am working full-time)

I graduated my undergrad course with an WAM (Weighted Average Mark) of 83.

My first post-grad course i completely f'd up because i did not like it

I want to beat my undergrad WAM in this course and i should be close for this semester. If i get a WAM > 80, i will be happy cuz i didnt put much work into it, lol.

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2008, 12:08 AM   #8
phoenix99

3 HD's & 1 D, One more semester (currently in 5th yr) and I will be a qualified Aerospace engineer :
phoenix99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #9
HLC
Audi S3

i feel stupid after reading everybody's good results in this thread. :

might be time to log off the forums for a little while hahahahhaha
Old 15-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #10
hrtrip
I Hope Holden Dies

well i have completed my experiment of seeing what marks i can achieve by not attending uni. my aim was to see how little work i could do in the semester and these are the results.

4 subjects - 12 contact hours a week
no text books purchased
class attendance for the semester: 6 hours (i had to attend 6 tutes to pass a subject on attendance) out of the 156 hours i was meant to go to
exam attendance: all
assignments: handed in every one of them

results: 3 credits and a pass
so there you have it people, you can pass all subjects without attending uni

but i wouldn't reccomend it as we are after all paying a shite load to be there, so this semester i will be attending everything and doing homework but, IT IS POSSIBLE haha

Icon Blue BFII Fairmont
Stock as a rock... :(
hrtrip is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2008, 08:17 PM   #11
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrtrip
well i have completed my experiment of seeing what marks i can achieve by not attending uni. my aim was to see how little work i could do in the semester and these are the results.

4 subjects - 12 contact hours a week
no text books purchased
class attendance for the semester: 6 hours (i had to attend 6 tutes to pass a subject on attendance) out of the 156 hours i was meant to go to
exam attendance: all
assignments: handed in every one of them

results: 3 credits and a pass
so there you have it people, you can pass all subjects without attending uni

but i wouldn't reccomend it as we are after all paying a shite load to be there, so this semester i will be attending everything and doing homework but, IT IS POSSIBLE haha
Can i have a guess and say you are first year at uni? LoL

I remember my first year at uni.. Well actually.. not really as i was intoxicated 95% of the time..

Something i kind of regret, but it was all good fun!

The year (or in some peoples cases, YEARS) it takes to realise that you should be attempting uni seriously is the best time of your life, in my opinion.

Pity this is now my 6th year at uni and my 3rd degree, lol.. I kind of take it seriously now

Currently:
Old 15-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #12
Noofa
Stock BA MII XT

I work Full time, and do uni via corro.
I did the full workload last semester and got 4x P.
Gotta love unit based salary increases.
Noofa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 02:29 AM   #13
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Failed Chemistry :
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 03:17 AM   #14
hrtrip
I Hope Holden Dies

actually my 4th year. but i was sick of attending everything for, imo, basically nothing that i couldn't have taught myself. but yeah i do understand that it should be taken seriously, but maybe the uni's should consider that we are there to be educated, rather than be told, in some cases, mindless crap that we will never need...

Icon Blue BFII Fairmont
Old 16-07-2008, 03:44 AM   #15
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Now its time for you uni students to enter the real world - the work force !. You will look back in a few years after working and see uni as the best easiest days of your life. Wd to those who passed and good luck with your future jobs ;) .cheers.

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 08:43 AM   #16
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate,i've done 3 and a half years of little to no effort and still got thru.

in the end if you can BS then you should be fine.

what i laughed at, was i am starting a job next monday, i put that i finished my degree, they didnt even care, didnt want any proof nothing.

all they want is experience.
Old 16-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #17
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrtrip
maybe the uni's should consider that we are there to be educated, rather than be told, in some cases, mindless crap that we will never need...
Agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
what i laughed at, was i am starting a job next monday, i put that i finished my degree, they didnt even care, didnt want any proof nothing.

all they want is experience.
I really suppose it depends on your area of expertise. One of my mates hadn't even finished his degree (construction) and he was on 120k!

The area which i work in (high school education), you need at least 1 degree (I have 2) and I am only on 60k! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo

I went really well in my undergraduate degree, so i applied for a scholarship for my Masters degree and i recieved it (Which saved me something like 15-20k) So i suppose that is one benefit of working hard, if you decide to further your education.

For instance, in the business sector with large companies they are adamant you have a Bachelor of Business (or equivalent) and either have completed or doing your CA/CPA (which is going to be my NEXT degree)

Currently:

Last edited by ayeyew; 16-07-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 16-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #18
phoenix99

I have actually found a way to cheat through uni.............long story short I did a subject last year and now I am doing the exact same subject again just with a different name.....guess who wont be attending lectures
phoenix99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #19
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

doing a unit twice aint cheating though.. just being bludgy
Old 16-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #20
hrtrip
I Hope Holden Dies

haha with regard to the cheating by doing the same subject, i can do 3 classes at both 2nd and 3rd year levels - easy credit points lol

Icon Blue BFII Fairmont
Old 16-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #21
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix99
I have actually found a way to cheat through uni.............long story short I did a subject last year and now I am doing the exact same subject again just with a different name.....guess who wont be attending lectures
I did something similar

Advanced Mathematics & Physics 1st yr - 2nd semester (essentially a 2nd yr subject, but i swapped courses and got a few exemptions)

Mathematics for Physical Sciences 2nd yr - 1st semester

Solid State Science & Nanodevices 3rd year - 1st semester

75% of these three are essentially the same subject matter

Currently:
Old 17-07-2008, 12:06 PM   #22
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maths makes baby jesus cry though :(
Old 17-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #23
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Once upon a time I was quite good at maths, until they forced me to do a subject called Maths and Stats for Health Science. Calculus based stuff, one of my stronger points in HSC. It was so poorly taught I "unlearnt" everything I knew (to this day can no longer do it) and I was convinced I'd fail, everything was taught backwards, I skipped half of the final exam (which was 70% of the whole course), scraped through (thanks to the bell curve....I was in the better half of the class somehow) and got a credit. Needless to say they scrapped the course and relevant texts the following year. I found that as I progressed through uni, I attended less lectures (some courses I didn't attend at all)....as long as I had a good text/references and did a lot of self-directed learning. I agree that more teaching needs to be done (instead of telling).... My experience was that in some cases my time was better spent learning my own way at my own pace. The closer that exams and assignments approached, the less I attended, but more hours I spent actually learning and working. Not that it works for everybody, but I must have had some kind of discipline and got credits and above in my pharmacy degree.
LOCO XP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2008, 10:56 PM   #24
pottsy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeyew
I really suppose it depends on your area of expertise. One of my mates hadn't even finished his degree (construction) and he was on 120k!
Go Construction! lol

im similar. been studying for 2.5 years, working full time the whole time with uni either part-time or full-time (i change it up).

got 2.5 years of undergrad to go and 1.5 years of post grad.

well be on 60k + car & phone next year :

hope to be like your mate by the time im almost finished.
pottsy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2008, 08:00 PM   #25
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsy44
Go Construction! lol

im similar. been studying for 2.5 years, working full time the whole time with uni either part-time or full-time (i change it up).

got 2.5 years of undergrad to go and 1.5 years of post grad.

well be on 60k + car & phone next year :

hope to be like your mate by the time im almost finished.
My mate has since left and formed his own company with his father (very well known in the construction arena), they have a contract starting in 2 weeks for 10 townhouses in the castle hill area and they are pricing up 3 or 4 jobs at the moment.. Needless to say he will be on a great deal more now that he has his own company

I really went into the wrong discipline

Currently:
Old 27-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #26
pottsy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeyew
My mate has since left and formed his own company with his father (very well known in the construction arena), they have a contract starting in 2 weeks for 10 townhouses in the castle hill area and they are pricing up 3 or 4 jobs at the moment.. Needless to say he will be on a great deal more now that he has his own company

I really went into the wrong discipline
wow he'd be sorted with his own company, good on him :
pottsy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2008, 01:51 AM   #27
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My borthers in his last year of Mineral Exploration and mining Geology, he score a High Distinction, a few credits and one pass from 8 units this semester.

In the Meantime He went through perhaps 8 phone interviews, a aptitude test, 3 in person interviews, a medical and getting flown out to the middle of no where for a job interview.

Well he ended up getting the Job as a Mine Geologist with BHP, 95k a year plus benefits, a great start in life for him considering he is only 20.

I know who I'll be hitting up for a loan.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2008, 02:44 AM   #28
Cruise

Studying is one thing thing, Actually working is another
Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post