Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #1
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Default star track express!

: if you're buying team merchandise and they use this retarded monkey of a company make sure you get them to change couriers.

last week i purchased a nice new warm piece of team vodafone merchandise, star track express delivered it to me within 3 days of payment but they didn't deliver it.

i got the delivery slip in the letter box and no package. call them up and ask for an explanation and got " the driver left it in the parcel box" which is open for all the public to see (basically where the newspapers and junk mail go).

my team vodafone merch is gone and these tos5ers aren't taking any responsibility because they reckon they had authority to leave it anywhere they like. the driver probably flogged it for himself.

so hopefully, the lovelly people at t888 will help me out and i'll finally get my merchandise.

Im definatley not using star track express ever again. : : :

SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan b
: if you're buying team merchandise and they use this retarded monkey of a company make sure you get them to change couriers.

last week i purchased a nice new warm piece of team vodafone merchandise, star track express delivered it to me within 3 days of payment but they didn't deliver it.

i got the delivery slip in the letter box and no package. call them up and ask for an explanation and got " the driver left it in the parcel box" which is open for all the public to see (basically where the newspapers and junk mail go).

my team vodafone merch is gone and these tos5ers aren't taking any responsibility because they reckon they had authority to leave it anywhere they like. the driver probably flogged it for himself.

so hopefully, the lovelly people at t888 will help me out and i'll finally get my merchandise.

Im definatley not using star track express ever again. : : :
Hang on, you ordered something with Vodafone on it, you are not in the middle of a city AND you expected positive results?????
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Hang on, you ordered something with Vodafone on it, you are not in the middle of a city AND you expected positive results?????
true that. still annoying to have paid top dollar for a product and not have the product on me though.
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

we use them all the time though work, never had a problem with them. yeah if its not registered that can just leave it at your front door or where ever really.

Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you're got an electrical problem
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
asusdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #5
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You haven't signed for it - it hasn't been delivered. If the supplier organised the freight, they are responsible, so until you get the parcel in your hands, or you have signed for it, it hasn't been delivered. Get them to chase it up.
Authority to leave has to be stated by the sender or if permission has been given by the receiver. I have to sign for every carton I get via Star Track from suppliers. Regular post doesn't need a signature, registered post does - most transport companies require signatures. If you paid by credit card, and if no-one helps you out, get a charge back and get your money back.

Star Track won't guarantee when it will rock up - they will only say between 9 and 5. Usually between 10 and 2. Later in the day most drivers stop delivering and start pickups. I find when dealing with personal deliveries it is best to address them to your work - or a mate's work - somewhere where there will be someone to receive it during business hours.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 09:23 PM   #6
Grum
Bringing the Spartan back

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I'm 99% sure Star Track do not have the authority to leave parcels unless it was sent in a satchel

East Coast Suspensions
Road - Race - Performance & Prestige Car Service

BOSS 5.4L Silicon hose kits for sale
BA/BF FPV parts for sale

The only negative thing in your life should be camber

Blue Power Racing Enhanced
Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Grum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #7
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grum
I'm 99% sure Star Track do not have the authority to leave parcels unless it was sent in a satchel
Satchels normally require signatures too
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #8
GUTLES
Adam.

We use Star Track @ work, there really good, but as with all couriers, when parcels go missing there really hard to find. & they won't leave it without a signature, thats there proof it was delivered.

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 11:16 PM   #9
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
Satchels normally require signatures too

Too right..........star track , like AAE and TNT etc are door to door couriers and require a document in writing authorising them to leave a parcel without any signature.......Unlike the normal post. If this document was not signed, then the consignor ( shipper ) bears the responsibility of the parcel. No signature means no delivery.............unless the terms and conditions of the shipment allowed for that level of service........check the shipping terms.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #10
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

that is gold - i haven't had any real dramas with them, but i am in a city, and fortunately have not had to use the phone when in some country areas
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post