Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-07-2005, 05:33 PM   #1
bailey04
RockGod

Default Greatest Autobarn in Australia...

After a couple weeks of thinking and reading the many debates on whether the K&N Panel filter or the pod filter is the way to go.. I finally decided I will try the panel filter..

The misses gave permission for me to go and buy it... So over to Autobarn I go... Walk in the door.. Have a look around.. Go over to the filter section.. Looking, looking.. WTF... No K & N Filters.... Fair enough.. Walk up to the dude behind the counter and ask, "Mate do you sell K & N Panel filters".. His answer, "Nah, we don't".. ALright maybe i will try another method.. If i ordered one could you get it in.. His answer, "Nah mate sorry we don't sell them"... Right about now i am :SaiyanSmi... Ready to headbutt the smart **** right over the counter..

So how good is my Autobarn.. Now i am shopping around for a K & N Panel Filter, tried supercheap but they don't have them either..

Anyone got any ideas where i can get one from..

bailey04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2005, 05:39 PM   #2
Thornie
Off smelting

tried repco, bursons, sprint auto parts
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2005, 05:42 PM   #3
bailey04
RockGod

Would try them but we don't have them up here.. Repco i think we might but its not a real big shop so it would probable be a stretch as well.... Stupid small town...
Old 16-07-2005, 05:45 PM   #4
neb
hibernating

That sucks.. both supercheap and autobarn around here sell them.. you would think that they would be able to order them in
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2005, 06:18 PM   #5
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey04
Would try them but we don't have them up here.. Repco i think we might but its not a real big shop so it would probable be a stretch as well.... Stupid small town...
where in central QLD are you?
i've never had trouble in Rocky or Mackay, even mail order.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2005, 06:23 PM   #6
fatxagt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went to Autobarn , supercheap and repco today and the best Oil Filter I could buy was a Ryco. I usual get a Penzoil in Adelaide from the OG Speed shop. Well I wanted to do oil change so I had to had to go with the Ryco. It looks so cheap and nasty under my bonnet, hope it does the job.
fatxagt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2005, 06:24 PM   #7
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what does this have to do with the "greatest autobarn is australia" ???
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2005, 08:05 PM   #8
bailey04
RockGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak351
where in central QLD are you?
i've never had trouble in Rocky or Mackay, even mail order.

I am in Rocky... And thats the one i went too.. The guy just told me and quite rudely that no they don't sell them and no he couldn't get it for me.. Maybe dodgy sales dude.. But hell i ain't gonna go back there in a hurry if i can help it.. I HATE RUDE PEOPLE

Merlin.. The title was sarcastic..
Old 16-07-2005, 08:05 PM   #9
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
what does this have to do with the "greatest autobarn is australia" ???
Yeah I feel ripped off. I was thinking they musta let him take it and try before he bought.. :(

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2005, 08:09 PM   #10
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

pfft, the lady at repco today insisted that I needed 2 rocker cover gaskets for my I6 AU. I said no and she wouldnt accept it. I told her I only have 1 rocker cover so I only need 1 gasket. No you dont she said, you definately need 2. So after bringing me a set for a V8 she went back and got me the right one. She was so quiet once she realised she was looking at the V8 ones by accident!
Old 16-07-2005, 11:13 PM   #11
Psycho Chicken
Banned

The best Autobarn is Australia is Dandenong, sure they have all the rice crap, but half the store is all V8 stuff!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2005, 10:41 AM   #12
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
The best Autobarn is Australia is Dandenong, sure they have all the rice crap, but half the store is all V8 stuff!
Yeah I'd agree with that. I've only been there once, but it sure as hell beats the ones around my area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2005, 11:13 AM   #13
SVR73
Mr Polish

Default K & N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
Yeah I'd agree with that. I've only been there once, but it sure as hell beats the ones around my area.
Very strange, I bought my K & N stuff from autobarn
Rocket industries sell all the K & N gear and I'd bet at lower price than retail auto parts stores
Old 17-07-2005, 01:15 PM   #14
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Yeah just shop online or from ebay for one. Save yourself dealing with idiots in person.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2005, 01:20 PM   #15
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
Yeah just shop online or from ebay for one. Save yourself dealing with idiots in person.

yeah i agree. but make sure you get the shipping and handling info before bidding. some people will rip you off with postage costs.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 12:09 AM   #16
rodderz

I went to an Autobarn a few weeks back to get a K & N pod filter price, and while they didnt have a great range the young hottie working there was all to pleased to look through the catalogue to get the model number anbd ring through an order direct from Rocket Industries who import them to Australia. Came through within 3 days and was cheaper than any other shop.

Get a salesperson who knows what they are doing and they will sort it out for you
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 09:38 AM   #17
bailey04
RockGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Get a salesperson who knows what they are doing and they will sort it out for you
I think half the problem was that it was a Saturday, which means all the shop assistants are 16 year olds who really don't want to be there and don't know the meaning of customer service.... :

Note to self: Don't shop on the weekend...
Old 18-07-2005, 10:07 AM   #18
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Autobarn at Elizabeth in SA are ok, but they have one bloke there that makes it Excellent. Andy is his name, and he is an older bloke that runs the spare parts counter at the back. I go in regularly for little bits and pieces for the XP and the Ute, and he is great help. Frankly I think he just happy to see someone who isnt driving a Ricemobile looking for the ultimate BOV and Neon package.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 11:04 AM   #19
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
pfft, the lady at repco today insisted that I needed 2 rocker cover gaskets for my I6 AU. I said no and she wouldnt accept it. I told her I only have 1 rocker cover so I only need 1 gasket. No you dont she said, you definately need 2. So after bringing me a set for a V8 she went back and got me the right one. She was so quiet once she realised she was looking at the V8 ones by accident!
Wow, Ford V8 parts in stock!!! I'm impressed, usually "a couple of days mate".
Old 19-07-2005, 05:03 PM   #20
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Mmmm ... I'm lucky Rocket Industries is just around the corner from where I live.
Made it easy when i was after a 90 deg silicon hose.

The new Repco near me ... not really a large store has a large range of K&N filters
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 05:10 PM   #21
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
yep, why deal with them in person when you can deal with them over the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Autobarn at Elizabeth in SA are ok, but they have one bloke there that makes it Excellent. Andy is his name, and he is an older bloke that runs the spare parts counter at the back. I go in regularly for little bits and pieces for the XP and the Ute, and he is great help. Frankly I think he just happy to see someone who isnt driving a Ricemobile looking for the ultimate BOV and Neon package.
I think I know the guy who your talking about (Im not that good with names). Top bloke but if you get him talking your stuck there til closing time.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 06:12 PM   #22
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Quote:
If anyone wants any parts or anything, Nambour Autobarn are more than happy to take orders over email sales@nambour.autobarn.com.au

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 07:35 PM   #23
bailey04
RockGod

I managed to finish work early yesterday afternoon and went over to Autobarn to sort this mess out.. I talked to the guy from Repco who said for about $110 deleivered tomorrow (Today) so i said i would get back to him..

Went over to Autobarn and there weren't any 16 year olds around, so damn i am in luck.... SO i talked to the guy behind the counter and he said, yeah we do sell them, do you mind if i serve the dude behind you first.. I said okay, and just looked at some of the stuff on sale, 5 minutes later this dude is serving about the 5th customer and had kindly forgotten about me.. So another guy walked up, he asked if i was okay.. And i said, "Well yeah that dude was suppose to be helping me, but as you can see he isn't" SO he said what can i do.. BLAH BLAH BLAH....

So he comes to the price... $150 WTF.. I nearly fell over... 10 working days delivery as well... WTF is wrong with this place.. I will never in my life go back under any circumstances...
Old 19-07-2005, 09:07 PM   #24
cogdoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Chain shops like Autobahn and Supacheap and the like are only as good as the staff in them. Seems the one you visited Bailey is a dud. The ones on northside of brisbane, like nambour aforementioned are excellent. This would have to be due to the large percentage of bevans in these areas...and I love it.

ALWAYS shop in the bevan areas, that's where all the decent stuff is!
Old 19-07-2005, 09:15 PM   #25
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go to rocket industries web site and buy it of them direct. Rocket are the importers and distributers for K&N in Australia. If you can not order by the web, Then order it by phone..

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post