Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-07-2005, 12:31 AM   #1
Forest Bear

Default Bought New Focus Zetec! :-)

I was in the market for something fresh and new to replace my 2001 Holden Astra. The Astra is a fine car but my experience with Holden during my ownership is so and so. They're not bad but neither are they good. Hopefully a different ownership experience with Ford.

I was set on a Mazda3 because imho nothing else on the market comes close to it. Its a top car. Its styling is okay with me but doesn't have me going goo goo.

I was going to wait for the 3door Astra GTC coupe but after reading the specs for the Australian model decided no. I was also eagerly awaiting this new Focus because its a stunning looking car especially the Zetec hatch. The sedan's rear half still looks awkward like the previous model.

Anyway I went to Binks Ford in Footscray for a test drive and was happy with what I saw. First time I saw it in the flesh. I'm not a red light hoon or speedster but I do enjoy attacking corners at speed and nice winding drives. Its got enough punch for me. The tiptronic auto is fun but I'm a lazy auto cruiser. Plenty of grip from its fat tyres.

The base Focus CL has an aweful interior thats comparable to cheapo Koreans. The horrible plastic is simply terrible but the materials inside the Zetec is much improved.

Stereo is pretty good and there's also 3mm audio jack in the glovebox to hook up an ipod. Turning indicator clicking sound is electronic and is not loud enough. The boot in the hatch is enourmous.

I bought the Focus because its based on Mazda3, same engine as Mazda3 and there is a cam timing chain instead of belt and it looks fantastic. I wanted silver but considered red only it just wasn't red enough.

Today I signed the papers and now sit back and wait for my new pure silver Zetec auto hatch to be delivered. Will post Pics for ya if you want.

Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2005, 01:02 AM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Absolutely sensational, fantastic to see such an inundation of new Focus owners!!! Congratualtions on your purchase, it's always exciting buying a new car, ESPECIALLY one that really hits the mark. I'm glad to hear you're so impressed by it! We wouldn't expect any less! The race is on to see who'll be our first club member for the Eurofordclub with a MkII Focus, even though I have managed to bring along a few vehicles to some cruises from work, nobody is an owner yet. Can't wait for the pics and I recommend you check out our fantastic European Ford Owners Club at www.eurofordclub.com !!!
Old 20-07-2005, 02:44 AM   #3
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Damn! So many new Focus owners! CONGRATS TO YoU ALL! Seems the new focus has hit the mark!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2005, 07:15 AM   #4
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Bear
Turning indicator clicking sound is electronic and is not loud enough.
I had to smile when I read this part. The opposite was true in the LR Focus, still electronic, but with alot of people complaining it was too loud.

Well done on the new purchase, I look forward to seeing pictures!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2005, 07:30 PM   #5
Forest Bear

Got a call from "After sales" department. After forking a total of 32 thousand they want to sell me paint protection. I told them I can do this myself with a $13 bottle of glide on glaze.

Anyway I want an alarm installed. She quoted a basic alarm which she says usually goes for $850 but they're having a "special" $100 off promo. "Options" include a shock sensor, tilt sensor. I also want one with a microphone that listens to glass breaking. Clearly a ripp-off.

I'll put locknuts for the alloys. I just want a basic alarm with shock sensor and glass break sensor.

Should I go after market alarm instead?
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2005, 07:56 PM   #6
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Sound's good,I can not wait to see the pic's, you would probably be better of checking out aftermarket alarm's.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2005, 09:19 PM   #7
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go aftermarket for the alarm. For around $300 installed you'll an alarm immobiliser with glass breakage, battery back up, all black wiring, remote with central locking etc. Check out www.dynamco.com.au -a lot of places sell their alarms and they're excellent value.