Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Is the media biased towards Holden and against Ford?
Yes, they're biased towards Holden 167 82.67%
No, they're fairly balanced both ways 30 14.85%
No, they're biased towards Ford 5 2.48%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2009, 12:21 AM   #91
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzz
Just to clarify, I am the person your referring to as the author of that review. I do not work for any media co or the media/journalism industry in way shape or form. My only connection with Holden/HSV is through the moderation of LS1.com.au.

Ok far enough, i apoligise .
Im just suprised you were invited to a media day and you said this

"After the final leg, much to my surprise, I was presented the following trophy for the best overall fuel economy out of 18 Jurnos including myself "

Well anyway your a lucky man .
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2009, 07:13 AM   #92
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

I wonder, who is MOTOR's target audience???
Old 10-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #93
Ryzz
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
Ok far enough, i apoligise .
Im just suprised you were invited to a media day and you said this

"After the final leg, much to my surprise, I was presented the following trophy for the best overall fuel economy out of 18 Jurnos including myself "

Well anyway your a lucky man .
All good snappy84, I can see what lead you to that conclusion, bad wording on myself

Just to clarify, whilst I was invited along as a "Holden Fan" to a "Holden event", my review was based purely upon seat of the pants feel. If you read the rest of my post you will notice my negative comments on the feel of the manual gearbox and also the ear bashing a gave a number of the engineers on the woeful brakes on the SV6 during the performance drive on the first day.

I came away extremely surprised at the drive ablility and fuel economy of the cars (Someone managed to get 6.8l/100 out of a 3.6l Auto SV6 on the final leg). In no way do I feel my review was in anyway biased, to think so would make the people reading that extremely one eyed towards things to make any such accusation.
Ryzz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #94
HSE2

It’s a good write up Ryzz.

It goes to show you the progress forums have made and the standing they now hold in the community at large.

Well done to LS1.com for achieving such recognition.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #95
Ryzz
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
It’s a good write up Ryzz.

It goes to show you the progress forums have made and the standing they now hold in the community at large.

Well done to LS1.com for achieving such recognition.
Thanks HSE2, its very interesting sitting in the cars with the engineers that they say "What publication do you work for" and you turn around and say "I dont, i help voluntary run LS1.com.au" almost everyone of them know of the site, has been on it, etc etc etc

I think we are going to start seeing manufacturers starting to leverage the the marketing audience that these sort of forum represent to them, and if we manage that relationship well, then we should be able to achieve a lot of extra benefits for our members.
Ryzz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #96
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzz
Thanks HSE2, its very interesting sitting in the cars with the engineers that they say "What publication do you work for" and you turn around and say "I dont, i help voluntary run LS1.com.au" almost everyone of them know of the site, has been on it, etc etc etc

I think we are going to start seeing manufacturers starting to leverage the the marketing audience that these sort of forum represent to them, and if we manage that relationship well, then we should be able to achieve a lot of extra benefits for our members.

In some ways is sad this value has been missed by some on LS1. It’s not so much of an advantage to see pictures a few minutes early or tread text but rather have normal people that can talk about the experience and cars from firsthand experience and relay engineers thoughts first hand.

Forum members can’t question text as they can you guys. Having forum representation in such a way that questions can be answered in a real time environment far outweigh the logistics of being first. That moment passes.

Anyway, for mine, great job.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post