Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
mowog
Discovery 4

Default XR4 Sales

It seems to me there is a very low buyer interest in XR4's on Car Sales. There are a few XR4's on there that just don't seem to be selling. Many below the expected price on Redbook (yes I know its only a guide).

So what is going on here a great little car many at very good prices and no sales?

Lotus Trooper.
Mini Inspired by Goodwood.
mowog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowog
It seems to me there is a very low buyer interest in XR4's on Car Sales. There are a few XR4's on there that just don't seem to be selling. Many below the expected price on Redbook (yes I know its only a guide).

So what is going on here a great little car many at very good prices and no sales?

For wife and I was fact only comes in a 3 door, otherwise we would have bought one.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:15 AM   #3
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

same for us. great little car but not enough doors
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Surprising really as they were everywhere I looked when they first come out. I came very close to buying one myself. Can't say I notice many around my way anymore though.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #5
mowog
Discovery 4

There are a lot of white ones for sale...

Anyone who needs more doors it would be an issue... It's more a young single man's car anyway.

I have until November to sell it anyway worst case I will take it to a Ford dealer and see what they give me for it.
Lotus Trooper.
Mini Inspired by Goodwood.
mowog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #6
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think a lot of people could possibly shy away from XR4's as a used car purchase due to perceptions of how the car could have been treated by it's previous owner.

Hot Hatch + Racing Stripes + Younger Owner = THRASHED?

A lot of potential buyers would rather play it safe and just go buy something else ... ie: Toyota Corolla, Mitsi Lancer etc.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 10:16 AM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Nah for us its a door thing aswell. We would use it as a run about but with the baby seat 3 doors is a PIA.

But on the flip side Im also one of those who thinks a hot hatch should be 3 door only..../runs for cover
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #8
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
But on the flip side Im also one of those who thinks a hot hatch should be 3 door only..../runs for cover
Of course a hot hatch should be 3 doors. Just like the RS Focus & R26 Megane.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:05 AM   #9
Nappa
Impressive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowog
There are a lot of white ones for sale...

Anyone who needs more doors it would be an issue... It's more a young single man's car anyway.

I have until November to sell it anyway worst case I will take it to a Ford dealer and see what they give me for it.

i suspect a lot of the white ones where part of the 50 xr4's that fujitsu gave away.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #10
Fi.ES.TA

Same here if it was 4 door i would of bought one second hand
instead of the WS new but with having a little one its just a pain in the
d1ck
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2009, 12:36 AM   #11
Desert Fiesta
Starter Motor

5 door and i would have bought an XR4 last year, went for the 08 5 door LX instead, those extra doors make a difference!
Desert Fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2009, 12:56 AM   #12
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

XR4 woulda looked stupid in a 5 door..

I have a few people that would buy it Ian but around the 15 kay mark.. Its hard enough getting 3 door Zetecs, which are BLOODY popular with the young girls, but they are all in the 11 - 13 kay market.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2009, 12:59 AM   #13
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
I think a lot of people could possibly shy away from XR4's as a used car purchase due to perceptions of how the car could have been treated by it's previous owner.

Hot Hatch + Racing Stripes + Younger Owner = THRASHED?

A lot of potential buyers would rather play it safe and just go buy something else ... ie: Toyota Corolla, Mitsi Lancer etc.

Nope, as i said in my last post its got a particular market, 17 - 19 year old girls who travel to uni everyday, but A) cant afford 17 kay and B) probably cant afford the extra dollars to insure it.. Plus they arent going to appreciate it for what it really is, to them its a small car with nice wheels and go fast stripes... The extra performance of it plays no factor in the decision to buy or not!

They were pretty hard to get when new, but like most small hi end cars are hard to move early in life used when priced simliar to other small cars which are brand new...

People today dont even think about the THRASHED word, specially when the cars still got plenty of factory warranty.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post