Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 04-11-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
Turtle
Starter Motor

Default Best MB Mondeo XR5 On Road Prices?

Im looking at buying a New MB XR5 Mondeo in the Melbourne area and was just wondering what sort of prices people have paid for their's and what dealership. I'm hoping that i can some how get one for $40000 on road. This would include the Ford Fleet Discount. So if anyone has picked one up for around 44k on road that is somewhere near the mark for me. Cheers.

Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
warren77

Turtle,
I am in WA and ordered my MA XR5 in Jan 2009.
Trying to get them to do anything on price was extremely tough because at that stage, they couldn't get enough of them. I was going to be up for around $53K drive away with Sunroof and Bluetooth (we have bad stamp duty over here).
Utilizing my Father in Law's discount (his father worked at Geelong Ford Plant) I got it down to under $44k drive away. I thought I did pretty well because the sales person was super P*ssed about selling it at that price.
So maybe times have changed so goodluck. That was my experience.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
FordFan1

I have managed to get an MB XR5 Turbo for $41400 on road with Ford discount. I'm impatiently awaiting delivery now.

Not sure if Ford Fleet Discount is similar to Priviledge Club discount?
FordFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
Dusty1
Giddy up!

There's a member here, Phoonfan (or similar) he/she works at Ethridge ford. Do a search on users and hit them for a price. They are a supporter of this forum, so might want to help you out. I asked for a quote on a MB and he/she was fast and the quote was pretty decent.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
FordFan1

Dusty1, could you pm me the quote? Just wondering if I have any room to move.
FordFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
SteveH
Starter Motor

I remember getting a quote off Phoonfan (I think his name is Andrew from Etheridge Ford) on a MA XR5 and it was miles better than anyone else was quoting at the time. I just contacted him throught this forum and he rang me up with a price.

If you are in Victoria, get in contact with him through this forum and I am sure he will be able to help you out.
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan1
Dusty1, could you pm me the quote? Just wondering if I have any room to move.
The price was for a TDCi hatch, as I was interested to see what he was offering. SteveH has the right idea,track him down and send him a PM. He is really good at getting back at people.

For him, it's an easy sale, he knows you are going to look around he will probably beat the best price you have as he wants the business. And it's a win for him, a win for you and a win for the Forum.

I got mine through Knox Ford (already signed for the car before I got onto this site) and they bettered any deal I had and the service was good. Give them a call and ask for Brad Murphy, he's the new car sales manager - I was out there last month for the 30K service (it's a good hike from Footscray, so I go there for excellent service they give), and they had a few in the yard - no Titanium's though.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2009, 12:27 AM   #8
aeon
Starter Motor

It seems that about $45k driveaway is probably the best you can get without any of those "Ford discounts"... still not a bad price for the kit you get! (I'm currently tossing up whether to get one or not).
aeon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post