Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #151
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by durtyharry
there is a difference?
Yes there is.

As usual we see the extremist point of view. The OP was about a car being impounded after being driven by a mechanic and how any reasonable person could make that the fault of the owner is beyond me.

The issue of whether to charge a friend / relative with theft if they have your car without consent is a different discussion altogether and one of the reasons that magistrates have discretionary powers in these cases (at least currently).

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 11-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #152
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by durtyharry
there is a difference? and if the owner isnt wanting to take responsibility for their own car, then they need to pass it on to the law as stealing. Cant have it both ways: "my mate took my car without my permission", "junior took the car while I was asleep", either lose the car or get them charged for stealing. Otherwise, just borrow someone elses car for impoundment free hooning.
And you are a fool of the first order,now to find out who was doing the chlorinator on the gene pool when you were born.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 12-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #153
durtyharry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
And you are a fool of the first order,now to find out who was doing the chlorinator on the gene pool when you were born.
Great, and your solution is? that cars caught hooning by any business or other party working on your vehicle shouldnt be impounded? what detterents are going to be put in place here for the hoon employees of these establishments? fines, loss of licence, that hasnt worked so far.

There probably is a good solution, just no-one has given one yet. In the meantime, we need some deterrent for mechanics, the publicity of what has happened here certainly would have made every small business that works on cars pay attention.

Incidentally, we havent had it mentioned what business the mechanic was working for, why is that?
Old 12-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #154
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Me thinks it's time for the lock - this thread has been done to death now.

The WA Gov had admitted fault (in the round-a-bout way all pollies do) and the law will be changed to suit.

Subject closed.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Closed Thread