Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-09-2005, 04:11 PM   #31
Dilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
I'd say it's right up there with Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, the Yeti, and the new Cityrail timetable.
:
Dude...like umm, Santa Claus is so real
Dilan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 04:17 PM   #32
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Wonder what the kw/l would be if they were limited to 6000rpm... :dr_Evil:
Not sure if I'm reading the technical specs on the new M5 right on the UK BMW site but it appears it's maximum 373kw is reached at 7750rpm and max torque of 520NM at 6100.

Steffo, can you check when max kw is reached on the m5?
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 04:46 PM   #33
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is a V10 Mustang in Australia. Street Machine had an article on it last year.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 04:47 PM   #34
jeffb

I have heard that the Supercars have designed a revised engine that uses a flat top head and has the combustion chamber in the top of the piston, this supposidly gives great power gains, apparently holden have cracked up saying that the engines must be based on street production versions, so Fords response was OK we will put it in production then. Not sure on the truth in the detials yet, just something I have heard
jeffb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 04:50 PM   #35
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
Not sure if I'm reading the technical specs on the new M5 right on the UK BMW site but it appears it's maximum 373kw is reached at 7750rpm and max torque of 520NM at 6100.

Yes the one thing i haven't taken into account is rpm, more rpm = more potential KW.

Old 09-09-2005, 05:30 PM   #36
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au

Haha.. yep, 373kW (500hp) @ 7750rpm, 520Nm (384ftlbs) @ 6100rpm. 74.6kW/litre (100hp/litre).

Silly engine to put in a 1750 odd kg family sedan if you.. belongs in a 1250kg sports car :evil3:
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 05:59 PM   #37
drphil

maybe all crap but i wish it was true. im against the all wheel drive train as real muscle sedans will always be rwd imo.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 06:40 PM   #38
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drphil
maybe all crap but i wish it was true. im against the all wheel drive train as real muscle sedans will always be rwd imo.
... and nothing will EVER replace 8-track!!!!! :ymca: :disco:
Old 09-09-2005, 07:47 PM   #39
FPV

Wasn't copperhead the BF Falcon. Thats what i was thinking.
FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 07:51 PM   #40
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb
I have heard that the Supercars have designed a revised engine that uses a flat top head and has the combustion chamber in the top of the piston, this supposidly gives great power gains, apparently holden have cracked up saying that the engines must be based on street production versions, so Fords response was OK we will put it in production then. Not sure on the truth in the detials yet, just something I have heard
V8 supercars have very little to do with our everyday falcons and commodores, except for shape, so I don't think that would be true
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 10:01 PM   #41
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

I think that was the point.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 04:05 AM   #42
TuMor
its not a!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
Honda S2000 - 176kw from NA 2L = 88kw/L

Isn't there a BMW model with over 100kw/L?

Hrmmm if they want 400kw+ from the new v8 they could always strap a few of those s2000 engines together?

........dont hurt me

Charcoal Black
ohh yeeah
TuMor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 06:28 AM   #43
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuMor
........dont hurt me
lol...
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 10:47 PM   #44
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
Hey Guys

Just had someone posting an interesting rumour on our website. Don't know if it's true or not but I thought I'd share it with you guys anyway.

The poster went on to say the engine is NA. It seems a bit hard to believe unless Ford US build a huuuuge donk (say 7L+) a la LS7. That's why I'm a little suspicious of the post.

Can anybody confirm/deny?

Cheers
There are so many holes in that post its not funny. BF is Copperhead and should be on sale in less than a month, 5.4 is as big as Ford has in a petrol V8 and how is it possible for the Hemi to be its inspiration when its a pushrod motor that makes it a different setup and they basically share very little in common. Some people love to start sh*t for no reason.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 09:43 PM   #45
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my brother works up a broadmeadows and he is at the ford factory and has been there a few months setting up a production line or something and its code name is COPPERHEAD. i belive its the code name for the recent release of the BF
XR-ENVI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 10:48 AM   #46
SSbaby
Banned

Guys, a further update.

Quote:
There is not going to be a capacity increase with the Ford donk (it is a 5.4) as they are gaining all their HP increases by refining what they have; when I was referring to the Hemi config, from what ****** (my brother) said, they are following some of the ancillary design and parameters very closely (especially the fuel injection system) after seeing how effective the Hemi system is. From what he said, the target KW was 375, and that was reached within a few runs on an engine dyno and so they revised the target upwards to 400 as it is easily achieveable. It sounds like Ford have found the key to unlocking the promise in 5.4!
I actually removed the thread from our forum thinking it was BS... but I've since been told it is from a credible source... so we'll run with it.

Cheers

Last edited by SSbaby; 12-09-2005 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Protecting the identity of brother
SSbaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 10:53 AM   #47
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
There are so many holes in that post its not funny. BF is Copperhead and should be on sale in less than a month, 5.4 is as big as Ford has in a petrol V8 and how is it possible for the Hemi to be its inspiration when its a pushrod motor that makes it a different setup and they basically share very little in common. Some people love to start sh*t for no reason.
That's why I posed that question here before I removed the thread in our forum as it didn't make any sense to me... as I clearly indicated in my original post. I thought it was posted by a troll.

In fact it was posted by a reputable guy on the forum who PM'd me. Luckily I have a backup copy of my original post here at AFF! ;)

Last edited by SSbaby; 12-09-2005 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Just avoiding a perceived personal attack on my credibility
SSbaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 02:19 PM   #48
XRQTOR
Banned

The most reliable info we have to date would be the Gt's photographed (XRFPV8 posted up) at the prooving ground with bonnet's partically open and taped up so you couldn't see what was under there.

The only reason that would be is a twin screw blower, but then again BPT has a twin screw on barry's GT-P and it fits without and bonnet mods.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 02:27 PM   #49
SSbaby
Banned

Guys, I have been assured that there is a 500bhp+ motor in the works. Forget that Hemi stuff, there must be a blown 5.4L in the pipeline. How else can the Boss 5.4L NA engine produce 500bhp?

Anyway, it's just a rumour that we in the red camp should not take lightly. But feel free to dismiss it.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:37 PM   #50
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Anyway, it's just a rumour that we in the red camp should not take lightly. But feel free to dismiss it.
Arent PWR and HSV developing a S/C LS2. Thats what I read somewhere a while back.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 02:52 PM   #51
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Guys, I have been assured that there is a 500bhp+ motor in the works. Forget that Hemi stuff, there must be a blown 5.4L in the pipeline. How else can the Boss 5.4L NA engine produce 500bhp?

There are a few 3oo+rwkw n/a Boss cars running around with minimal mods. For ford to build a 375kw engine (roughly 28orwkw) that's really only a decent exhaust, cai and edit away.

I would love to see the Boss stay n/a but following the way ford us has gone in the last few year's i have no doubt it will end up a blown engine
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 03:08 PM   #52
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
There are a few 3oo+rwkw n/a Boss cars running around with minimal mods. For ford to build a 375kw engine (roughly 28orwkw) that's really only a decent exhaust, cai and edit away.

I would love to see the Boss stay n/a but following the way ford us has gone in the last few year's i have no doubt it will end up a blown engine
Yes, but then it would fail emissions/noise tests.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:50 PM   #53
FPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
The most reliable info we have to date would be the Gt's photographed (XRFPV8 posted up) at the prooving ground with bonnet's partically open and taped up so you couldn't see what was under there.

The only reason that would be is a twin screw blower, but then again BPT has a twin screw on barry's GT-P and it fits without and bonnet mods.
Does anyone have them pictures still cause i never got to see them.
FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 04:32 PM   #54
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV
Does anyone have them pictures still cause i never got to see them.
Yes that would be great.

If anybody has a copy would love to have a look at the prototypes via PM.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:11 PM   #55
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

One, two, three, four, I declare a power war!
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post