Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-08-2010, 12:29 AM   #1
Ibrox90
Banned

Default Awesome car ad.

Looking for a new project i came across this today thought it was very funny and would based on the comedy.

"For sale. 1980 VC Commodore.
Lets be brutally honest. Its an old car. Its got some rust.
The front window leaks and the back window leaks, so parking in the rain or carwashes is out of the question.
The engine leaks some oil and the trans leaks some fluid too so a drip tray is a must.
The paint is old and it looks it too.
On the positive side, this car just keeps on going. I leave it standing for a month or so, then have a need to use it and bugger me it just starts and goes.
Its not particularly cheap to run, but still its been a handy car and has gotten many people out of a scrape when their new cars have had issues. Its been liberally lended out over the years, and never lets anyone down.
Its got a towbar.
Its got a/c but it doesnt work. Could be gotten working, but I dont use it enough to bother.

So bottom line. Its not pretty. Its not clean and tidy. Its rusty but not structurally or in a way that attracts attention. Its got leaks inside and out. Tyres are getting down too.
BUT it goes and goes and goes despite the total lack of care and attention it gets.
Perhaps a good first car?
Perhaps a cheap start point for a race type car?
Perhaps a bash car?
Hell if the Ranger gets in as PM then you can use it as a $2000 trade in on a new car (if you can part with it).

500 bucks and its yours. No offers and I'll be cancelling the rego too to try to recover some of that money. You've been advised.

Marvel at the newly uploaded photos. Ooh and Ahh at the powerful (not) inline 6, featuring spark plugs that are so reliable, they havent been changed in over ten years and who's oily behaviours have most likely saved the cars entire subframe from rust damage.
Go weak at the knees at the 80's inspired interior trim, and front seats featuring adjustable "laid-back" driving style for those clowns who believe that laying on the back seats enhances driving skill and is attractive to the chicky-babes. "

No sure if its legit but i had a giggle

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=9104829&__sid=12A39F65C451&__Qpb=tr ue&Cr=0&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|0||pCar_RankSo rt_Int32|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String| 0&keywords=&__N=1216%201247%201252%201282%20429496 5857%20901&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=3 055&silo=1011

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038
Ibrox90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #2
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

hahaha...
I'd buy it just to meet the guy that wrote the ad...!

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2010, 12:44 AM   #3
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Good honest ad, no messing around, gets to the point....best ad on eBay I think!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2010, 12:48 AM   #4
Phyber
BF= Backend's Farked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrox90
Go weak at the knees at the 80's inspired interior trim, and front seats featuring adjustable "laid-back" driving style for those clowns who believe that laying on the back seats enhances driving skill and is attractive to the chicky-babes. "

My favourite bit!

-------------------------------------------
BFII XR6T - ZF box
Racewars 2017 result - 800m @ 229km/h - 1000m @ 241km/h
PB: 317rwkw - 11.94 @ 120mph - 2.093 60'
PB: Stock/208rwkw - 13.594 @ 105mph - 2.297 60'
-------------------------------------------
Phyber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2010, 12:58 AM   #5
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

10 points for creativity, good for a laugh

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2010, 01:38 AM   #6
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i`d buy it purely to go bunky racing (read racing come demo derby at the end of the day). all on private property of course
Old 10-08-2010, 06:54 AM   #7
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Funny ad for the Commodore....

Reminds me of an ebay ad for a BMX I saw a couple of years ago:
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/d...g?t=1281383586
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2010, 09:30 AM   #8
Den76
Phantom cruiser

HAHAHAHAHA

"Marvel at the newly uploaded photos. Ooh and Ahh at the powerful (not) inline 6, featuring spark plugs that are so reliable, they havent been changed in over ten years and who's oily behaviours have most likely saved the cars entire subframe from rust damage."

Good find

Oily behaviours saved the subframe LOL
Den76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post