Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-07-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lightbulb Guns 'N' Roses to play V8 Supercars

Guns 'N' Roses to play V8 Supercars

'Bring on Sydney': Guns 'N' Roses frontman Axl Rose. (AFP: Bru Garcia)

Guns 'N' Roses frontman Axl Rose wants to tear up the track when his band headlines the Sydney round of the V8 Supercar race.

The US rock band are returning to Australia for the first time since 2007 to perform at ANZ Stadium on December 4.

"Bring on Sydney and the V8 Supercars," said Rose.

"Fast cars and rock 'n' roll ... To mix Guns with this massive Sydney event will be a blast.

"Some of our biggest fans are Aussies and we love coming down there."

Gigs in other cities have not been ruled out, but the V8 Supercars will be Guns 'N' Roses only Sydney date.

The band's arrival will follow an extensive tour of Europe as patient audiences finally get to hear live cuts from Chinese Democracy.

The album famously took nine years to make before it was finally released by Rose in 2008.

The singer is the only remaining original member of Guns N' Roses, which has sold more than 100 million records worldwide since forming in 1985.

Old 14-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

kinda sad that my favourite band as a kid is reduced to playing at a car race & my favourite sport as a kid is reduced to gimmicks like this to keep people interested.
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #3
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Hmmm no Slash no care. Though i must admit I have seen them as the current lineup and if you don't care about how much of a tool W. Axl Rose is, then they put on a good show.

Be prepared for them to not start until 2 in the morning though.....

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
Murph-51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yup I'm with yous, NO SLASH who cares!!!, and I think I'm almost over the V8s, its become nothing but a money spin marketing ploy, with steel tubs with a roll cage and other bolt on go fast bits. Theres no Ford or holden mix in it!
Very disheartened the way its gone
Murph-51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #5
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

What happened to PINK?? isn't she the face of V8 Supercars/?
Old 14-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph-51
yup I'm with yous, NO SLASH who cares!!!, and I think I'm almost over the V8s, its become nothing but a money spin marketing ploy, with steel tubs with a roll cage and other bolt on go fast bits. Theres no Ford or holden mix in it!
Very disheartened the way its gone
Not sure if you've seen it... but there is a new ad on TV for Triple M, featuring Slash busting out a short lead guitar break....

I could just listed to that guy play for days on end... he is awesome!!
Old 14-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #7
leighm

I saw Gunner's in 2007 when it was Axl and a bunch of no names.....they were incredible! Anyone filling in for Slash can play his riffs, but no one has that Axl Rose voice. I'll be going to the event, not for the car race though. It is a crap track and worse spectating. The layout of the track ensures you see a very small portion of it no matter where you sit. The best vantage points in the multi story car park which is right next to the track is closed off so you're forced to pay for a seat or stand on the wall and see 200 metres of track. I still don't get why they didn't put all that money into Eastern Creek and make a good track great.

The funniest thing about the race last year was during the lunch break they had a bicycle race around the track! I felt ashamed to breath the same air as the organisers. Who goes to a motor race to see people in tights cycling around the track? Get some stunt motor bikes or Gary Myers doing a burnout down the main straight, that would have been worth seeing.
leighm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #8
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

That Slash Dr Dan theme is awesome, it should be a full song its that good, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbLFMwgrL7Q

I know what your saying about Axl, despite being a galactic, law suit hungry, complete and utter tool, you simply can't beat his voice. Surely the promoters will have to make him act in a family friendly fashion.

You're dead right about that circuit as well, but what can you expect from track designer Mark "herman tilke" Sakife?

I'm sorry but like many others here No Slash and Izzy, No Care

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
xbrules is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #9
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went last year and had a ball at turn 8.Took a chance on that stand and it turned out great.This year they want another $140 per ticket to get into that stand and when i questioned it they said it was because they had put a cover over it and a screen. Well it had a screen last year but no cover and i and my family and mates will not be back. Accomodation at the same place up over $100 per night too was the last straw. So Sydney it was nice to see you , i do prefer proper circuits and the Creek could have been made to work but i will probably go to the GP with the money i saved and have no problems with accomodation or airfares etc.
Cheers
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #10
BOSHOG
avenge me

its not GnR, its Axl and some other stiffs. i see a lot of Michael Jackson in that tool
Old 14-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #11
leighm

Last year they wanted $60 for Saturday general admission, this years tickets start at $91......50% increase for what? Last year they needed to get the numbers in to say what a successful event it was, this year, they are going for money.

It will be interesting to see the attendance figures this year compared to last year with the massively inflated prices. No doubt Saturday will still be popular with Axl playing.

Last edited by leighm; 14-07-2010 at 12:07 PM.
leighm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #12
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

guns and roses died in the early 90's. im still waiting for axel rose to get belted by vince neil.
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #13
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

He nearly got belted by Tommy Hilfiger of all people a few years back.

Someone mentioned anyone can fill in for Slash....I don't think so. The tone and bite of his guitar and amp combos cannot be replicated...nor can the bluesy improv that he is so famous for.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 02:01 AM   #14
rocketscientist
AHHHH...WHAAATTTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighm
I saw Gunner's in 2007 when it was Axl and a bunch of no names.....they were incredible!
Any band with Tommy Stinson playing bass in it would be incredible. Axl, V8 Super cars and Sydney not so much.
rocketscientist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 09:24 AM   #15
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie
Not sure if you've seen it... but there is a new ad on TV for Triple M, featuring Slash busting out a short lead guitar break....

I could just listed to that guy play for days on end... he is awesome!!

He re-did the Dr Dan theme for TripleM but is touring his own new album which, I have to say is bloody good! Its the only solo album/beyond GNR that I have bought and I give it some serious airtime in the car.
Slash would be a gig to see.

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #16
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAREV8
He re-did the Dr Dan theme for TripleM but is touring his own new album which, I have to say is bloody good! Its the only solo album/beyond GNR that I have bought and I give it some serious airtime in the car.
Slash would be a gig to see.

slash already toured here a couple of months ago, he came down with his wife and kids.
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #17
roadrage77

Nothing will top Gunners at Eastern Creek Jan 1993.
roadrage77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #18
LTDHO
The one and only

Old thread?

Yeah Gunners at Calder rocked my 1993.

Axl was recently booed off stage because he was hours late!
No one respects him now, GNR are nothing but old CD's in my collection.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #19
FCleader
John

Not sure how many KoRn fans are on this forum.. but the gunners and KoRn are playing up here in Townsville in decemeber, I dont care much for guns n' roses myself but am pretty pumped for korn..
FCleader is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #20
FPVSutto
Finally got it......

Not interested GnR's...... all I keep reading over the last couple of months is how they get boo'ed off stage and bottles thrown at them at all their recent shows.

Bring back Cold Chisel...
09 F6 #679 - Viper
FPVSutto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #21
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Yawn.
They still around?
Maybe there's a birthday party they can get booked for; 200 bucks ought to cover it.

Quote: