Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: What number plate should i go for?
NIC377 (NICE 77) 10 21.74%
OHY333 1 2.17%
OHY334 0 0%
MWI10 2 4.35%
WII10 5 10.87%
THE 77 28 60.87%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #31
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
Not sure about SA Riksta, but here in QLD after you pay the excorbitant one off fee for the plate, there are no annual fees for displaying them.
Still, in SA I could get "THE 77" that he's talking about as a custom plate, $200/yr. I could have the thing for 10 years before I've paid what for what a Qld resident would need to - now I dunno about everyone else, but I doubt I'll ever keep a car for 10 years before selling it!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #32
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Clearly the plate rules and costs vary from state to state, but if that’s all you can afford in Qld, I seriously wouldn’t bother.

On the other hand, if one of those combos means something to YOU, and makes YOU enjoy the car just that little bit more, then go for it.
Just be prepared to keep explaining it to people, and putting up with their blank look and forced smile when you do.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #33
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Still, in SA I could get "THE 77" that he's talking about as a custom plate, $200/yr. I could have the thing for 10 years before I've paid what for what a Qld resident would need to - now I dunno about everyone else, but I doubt I'll ever keep a car for 10 years before selling it!
Think you may have misunderstood the plate costing thing in QLD. If he got "THE 77" then that is most likely $415 to $495 depending on what style (coloured, theme etc) but if it were something with all letters etc then that is just over 2 grand. Qld recently had a 7 letter number combination available for around 3 grand.
With you saying you would pay $200 a year for a plate here with a maximum of under $500 cost then you would be the one out of pocket more within 3 years??

I liked both 'THE 77' and also 'WIL10'
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #34
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz
Clearly the plate rules and costs vary from state to state, but if that’s all you can afford in Qld, I seriously wouldn’t bother.

On the other hand, if one of those combos means something to YOU, and makes YOU enjoy the car just that little bit more, then go for it.
Just be prepared to keep explaining it to people, and putting up with their blank look and forced smile when you do.
I was always asked what MYN95 stood for... answer - well it is MINE and it is a 95 made vehicle... simple one would have thought!!!

Now I am getting it with the ones on my GTP.. some people just don't get plates (I struggle with some plates but ask someone quietly so as to not embarrass myself) :
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #35
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Well i was thinking of the whole Willo one but with the current funds thats the only way i can get it, id much rather wait till i have the 2k to get it done properly without the letter restrictions ect
So the best one i thought as well was THE 77
only cost me 415 and it looks like a prestige plate!