Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #31
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

it looks like we are more concerned about red rooster price and menu than about the dude that got ripped off.

well at least no one can say we are going off topic...
Old 24-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #32
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Bank cheque please.
Still easily forged.
Old 24-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #33
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it reasonable to pay for forged pistons with forged dollars ??
Old 24-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #34
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I get me...I get me a coffee, 2 wrap combo and a sustegen.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 24-12-2010, 11:34 AM   #35
Scott

Does suck, being naive isn't a reason to be ripped off like this, especially just before Christmas.

Hope he gets it sorted but the car is probably well on it's way to a rebirth by now. I wonder if he has finance on it too?
Old 24-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #36
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

So could they claim this through their car insurance as stolen?

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 24-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #37
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Talking

Perhaps a scenario played out like this ... (talking on mobile)

"I'll like you to tell me more about the present mechanical condition of the Vehicle, how often do you service it and the history?"

Still looking thanks...

"Send me your paypal email address and your name so that I can make the payment."

I will have a BIG Rooster roll combo thanks with a side order of scam ...

"If you will like to speak to me over the phone, please call me on 0390 163 707 and tell whoever picks up the phone that you want to speak to Jonathan.

No no salt on the chips thanks ...

"I'll be the one to handle the payment via paypal because the agent doesn't make payment on behalf of customers. Your quick response is greatly appreciated so that we can proceed with this transaction a.s.a.p."

Bugger i dropped mayonaise on the front of my pants !!!
Old 24-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #38
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Beats advertising your address and having the butt holes break in to your joint and steal your car.
I suspect many people here probably would have been done iin this scam. -me included.

A warning to all.
Old 24-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #39
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Does suck, being naive isn't a reason to be ripped off like this, especially just before Christmas.

Hope he gets it sorted but the car is probably well on it's way to a rebirth by now. I wonder if he has finance on it too?
thats it bud.. it could just as easily been one of us down one FPV and feeling a world of pain right now....
Old 24-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #40
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott

Agreed, it wouldn't be difficult to have some genuine $50's on the top of the pile. What's a $100 when you have got a VE HSV.

Poor bugger hope he gets it back.
Old 24-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #41
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
not everyone may be as streetwise as you Jimbo... the lure of cash this close to xmas.. then the policemans say 'its not cash Neville'......
love the bold part!!
Ahh well i agree...another sucker born. Gotta feel for the guy.
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
Old 24-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #42
WMD351
Size it up

Spot on Mr Beige, there's always a lot of Griswalds around at this time of year who didn't get the Christmas bonus they were expecting and are desperate for some quick cash.
Always been my favorite time of year to get cashed up and keep an eye out for some bargains.
Old 24-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #43
saber
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf

More people are caught out by fake bank cheques than counterfeit notes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Still easily forged.
So what's your preferred method of payment for an item such as a car?

I'm guessing one of the safest ways would be to meet the buyer at their bank, and ask for a bank cheque to be written in front of you. Then once you've got the bank cheque, you go to your local bank and cash the bank cheque in???
Old 24-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #44
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by saber
So what's your preferred method of payment for an item such as a car?

I'm guessing one of the safest ways would be to meet the buyer at their bank, and ask for a bank cheque to be written in front of you. Then once you've got the bank cheque, you go to your local bank and cash the bank cheque in???

Cash is the safest method if you know what it actually looks like

Other than that, Bank transfer before collection of the car with transfer papers already written.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
Old 24-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #45
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf

More people are caught out by fake bank cheques than counterfeit notes.
Was at a Subaru Dealer in Sydney earlier this year and was talking to the Salesman about buying a car from interstate. I said it seemed to be a straight forward process. Do the deal, make a deposit and bring a bank cheque for the balance. He said they won't accept a bank cheque at time of delivery. He told me that a few months earlier, a Merc dealer in Sydney sold a Mercedes for around 120k to a couple of guys who paid with a bank cheque. They had been in a day earlier and expressed an interest in the car and came back at 4.45 on the Friday arvo to buy the car. Insistant that they wanted the car there and then, produced the bank cheque for the full amount. Deal was done and they droive away. He said they were a couple of well dressed Asian businessmen,so it seemed like a standard sale. As the banks were shut by then, the dealer could bank the cheque till Monday, found it to be a fake. Insurance wouldn't pay because they released the car before the cheque cleared.

The subie dealer said they only accept cash or internet transfer. They will accept the bank cheque, but you can't take delivery of the car until that cheque clears.
Old 24-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #46
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have bought and sold many a car in the car park of various places, beats doing it at home, I don't really want people to rock up at my house to see what is in my garage or where I live, or where the car is stored, I will generally meet them at the servo down the road or the Maccas car park or what ever.

And will take cash over a Bank cheque any day.

Mate bought an XA GT Coupe a few weeks back, close to 60K all done in cash in brown paper bags, I tagged along for security reasons, deal also done in a car park, seller insisted on cash, would not have left the car for a bank cheque.

Cash is cash bank cheque is a bit of paper with some numbers printed on it.

He should have noticed that all the money had the same serial number and the ink was still wet

Old 24-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #47
kinksta
Luxojet

All this talk about Red Rooter makes me want to go get KFC because (scientific research suggests also) that KFC is 1001 times better than Red Rooster. It is science, think about it...
Old 24-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #48
Assassinbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFlash
does anyone find the chip at red rooter to salty?
Bought a meal with chips from red rooter about a 6 months ago n thought jeez these chips are pretty crappy, maybe the dogs will like them, as they think smelling each others anus is all ok, n guess what, 10 minutes later, 2 dogs chundering up red rooter crap........& they support red homodore utes.
Old 24-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #49
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

That last post really added to my forum experience.......Not.
Closed Thread