Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 27-11-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
Wazza
Starter Motor

Default MB Titanium - Keyless entry without key fob

Hi all,

Today I picked up a used MB Titanium TDCI, with 20K on the clock.

Everything seems to be in good order, except one thing! I can open the drivers side front and rear door without the key near the car (fitted with keyless entry).

I have read over the manual, tried every logical step to coming up with a solution myself, browsed the internet, to no avail.

I rang the dealer just before they shut and they said it will have to be booked in for a service, any issues will be covered by new car warranty. Although I know this is something that could easily be missed on their behalf, I am a little dissapointed. I just hope this is isolated, and not a sign of a dud.

Has anyone come across this issue themselves or any forums?

Thanks in advance.

Wazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
hotdiesel
Starter Motor

Where is the second Fob?
Old 29-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
Wazza
Starter Motor

The dealer is organising a second one for me. I have ruled out that it could have been that, as the passenger side doors don't open without the key fob with me, so is in working order. Perhaps a split personality?

It is going in tomorrow to get looked at, I am hoping an easy fix. Fingers crossed.
Old 29-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
entheos

Quote:
Doesn't the fob need to be within a certain distance of the car for it to open? generally you would leave it in your pocket...walk up to the car and pull the handle...to lock you get out of teh car and push the little button on the door handle.

you can't leave the car in the house, and walk out to the car and open the door...

I was told somewhere that you can set a distance for the proximity sensor to detect the key.

forgive me if you do have the fob with you when you try this, but the way I read your issue is that you don't have the key fob with you...
EDIT :- ignore that....I just re-read your post after posting and can't just delete the post......
Old 03-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
Budorat
Mondeo owner.... almost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza
The dealer is organising a second one for me. I have ruled out that it could have been that, as the passenger side doors don't open without the key fob with me, so is in working order. Perhaps a split personality?

It is going in tomorrow to get looked at, I am hoping an easy fix. Fingers crossed.
How did you go getting it fixed ? What was the problem ?
Old 03-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #6
stuart

I had a failing battery which caused the same effect on my MA TDCi Sedan. Keyless would not work on the front door so had to use the key. But also could not use the key to start the car since the security system locked it out. Had to have the car towed to a Ford garage to reset the system and get a new battery.
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
Wazza
Starter Motor

Hotdiesel was correct in asking where the second fob was.

I was told by the used car dealer that there wasn't one, however there was a second one found hidden in the engine bay, near one of the sensors.

Although it took a few days for service to find the issue (they only came across it when taking out the battery to replace the module) it was a great result for me in the end. Didn't need to pay for a second key fob, and there was no charge from the dealer.

On a seperate note, an oil leak was required to be fixed at the same time, up near the gasket I was told.

Now I have the car sorted I have been enjoying it alot. Great fuel economy on the highways (<6 L/100) and decent enough around town (8.5-9.0 L/100) with the aircon always on and some spirited driving.

A great car that doesn't attract any unwanted attention.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #8
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good result mate. enjoy the ride...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post