Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 18-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default MCs on Carsales

There's a few MC Titaniums on Carsales now.

I've got a Midnight Sky Titanium wagon on order, but I'll admit that I think the previous model looked better from the front.

Where's the (fake) chrome? The Euro Titaniums get heaps of chrome, the ones on Carsales don't. Here's one:

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...d=12AB8CFB5364

Here's the Euro version (I know we won't get the same spec here, but it would be nice to see the chrome on this here):
http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Mondeo

Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #2
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Agree they need some chrome, but still think they look better than the MA/MB.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

There's a great chunk of black at the front which needs something to break it up.

Even the Falcons have different fronts according to spec levels.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 19-02-2011, 01:28 AM   #4
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You should be able to get a trim kit, but I don't know why it's not fitted as standard. If you get a dark colour, than the huge black grille isn't as noticeable. I saw an Ink Blue Mondeo Zetec that looked great.
Old 19-02-2011, 01:42 AM   #5
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
There's a great chunk of black at the front which needs something to break it up.

Even the Falcons have different fronts according to spec levels.
Hate to think if you were doing country driving how many bugs this front will collect looks frigin like a great white with its mouth open

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #6
Dusty1
Giddy up!

There are no factory options on the Titaniums offered here in Oz, so unless the dealer can do it, it will be a private import. The ones on sale now would be the 'first batch' off the line there for Oz, and would have been built about five - six months ago (I'd guess, my Titanium wagon is being built soon, and won't be here until May), so maybe they got stuff was old stock? Who knows, it is pretty dramatic on a white car though.

Apstar, I do country driving, and there will be a few bugs hitting it, but I'd be more concerned if I owned a FPV F6, they have no grill over the cooler for the turbo at all.
Previous: