Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
Ford Falcon XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Little help please

Hey everyone i decided to replace all the light globes in my instrument cluster on my Xr6 Au 3 everything went fine but while i was replacing the globes i notice it looked like one of the globe holders were missing is this how it's ment to be or i it missing ??? Photos of back of cluster below. The other problem i had was after i put it all back together and reconnected the battery the car now wants to stall (and sometimes does) When i put my foot on the clutch to come to a stop. Has anyone had the same problem or know what it could be ??

Cheers Lorenz

Ford Falcon XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Default Re: Little help please

HI, ok , depending on what accesories you have , sometimes there is no need for some of the globes ( as your car does not light up those features on the dash when on , because you dont have them). Look on the dash front ,inline with globe and see what 'icon' is on the dash , if it's a feature your car doesnt have then you dont need the globe.
2nd , because your disconnected the battery , you have to go through the procedure of setting the car back up timning wise etc etc. There is a procedure on this website on how to reset the car after disconecting the battery ( requires idleing away for 10 mins of so with aircon/heater on and off , in gear idling with foot on clutch for so long , and so forth) , find the procedure.
Hope that helps , cheers

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Yeah what XR6-VCT-2000 says is right.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #4
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Wink Re: Little help please

Here's the procedure! It's not about timing per se, but moreso about the computer learning the correct idle when in neutral and in drive, with the A/C on and off.

Resetting of AU ECU
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...9&postcount=85

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 12:54 AM   #5
aufalco
Alternator

all the clusters ive pulled out of AUs like that cluster are missing that globe in the middle mate
aufalco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #6
Ford Falcon XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the reply's everyone good to hear the globe isn't missing. Done the ECU reset today didn't help straight away but the issue seems to be getting better the more i drive the car so i'm thinking over time the problem will solve itself. Will update in a few days

Cheers Lorenz
Ford Falcon XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post