Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 06-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Default Bluetooth and radio not always working!

Hi Guys, have any of you seen the following or know if it is fixed when the car is reflashed at the first service?

From time to time (not always) I have noticed that when I get in the car insert and turn the key the radio starts as it should do but when I start the engine the radio volume stops working - the display shows the radio logo etc as normal. Turning the volume knob or pressing the remote pads does nothing. If I manualy turn the radio off (push the button) and turn it back on it starts working OK again.

I have also noticed that the bluetooth does not always bond with my phone (Nokia) when I get into the car. If I try a manual search with the phone it finds the ford audio but the ford unit does not bond and the phone keeps trying to bond. I have also 'debonded' the phone from the ford audio and started from scratch but the same issues cropped up again after a while. Also tried it with the wifes phone (Motarola)and have experienced the same issues.

Any help welcome. Has anyone else found any little niggles that we need to be aware of?

Mike in OZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have noticed the Ford Audio sometimes freezes, but after a few tun on/turn off presses it works as normal. So yeah, exact same problem but it only happens from time to time. What is really ****ing me off is if I have a CD on or a USB in and it's playing, the stupid thing goes back to radio when I start the car???

As for the Bluetooth, my iPhone syncs perfectly with the whole setup. Never missed a beat. Perhaps it could be your phone? A friend has a Zetec and her Motorola sometimes doesn't click in.
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 12:59 AM   #3
Zetec Dave

Got a problem with syncing wife's LG phone to her car. it asks for pin and so we type it in and wait but nothing happens and phone doesn't work with it. Is there a list of phones that works with the car? Still yet to try the iphone 3GS.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 02:01 AM   #4
Festy
WS Fiesta 5Dr Manual

My Nokia 6300 and my wife's Motorola V3i sync perfectly every time. Speed that it does it is noticeably faster than anything else I've encountered before. Had the car just over three months and never noticed any issue with the radio. Better get it checked.
Festy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #5
doctamick

Regarding the audio system freezing... I have had this happen a couple of times to me as well. However, as you said, turning the radio off, and then on again, sorted the problem out.

Regarding the bluetooth issue... My experience is that it is specific to the phone. My wife's old Samsung E900 had the same sort of issue. It would sometimes bond and then sometimes disconnect. However, my phone (Samsung G800) and her new phone (Samsung F480) work perfectly. I find that the Ford Audio system automatically connects to my phone within a few seconds of starting the car and reliably stays connected.
doctamick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #6
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Thanks for your replies, It may be the phone (both mine and Wifies) but interesting about the radio.

It seems the UK have been having a bit of trouble with a few intermittent radio problems according to the UK fiesta website and even mentions software upgrades.
Mike in OZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
Dustproof

Default Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in OZ
Thanks for your replies, It may be the phone (both mine and Wifies) but interesting about the radio.

It seems the UK have been having a bit of trouble with a few intermittent radio problems according to the UK fiesta website and even mentions software upgrades.
I think the Bluetooth is a version problem, a lot of phones use Version 1. The Fiesta uses Version 2.2, as long as your phone is a newer version you shouldn't have a problem pairing them.

As for the radio, I intend speaking to Ford about it. It seems like a software/Firmware issue, mine has been doing it from day 1. I found if you use the Voice Control and ask the system to connect to the Radio it works without the need to turn off/on.

If you are using the USB, try starting the car in one motion. Put the key in the lock and turn around until the car starts up and it works fine. If you go to the On position and then start the car it doesn't - bloody frustrating.

:
Old 19-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #8
Woodsa

Default Re: Bluetooth and radio not always working!

my wifes car has the same issue..

starts her fiesta up... Ford logo on the radio then no noise.. turns it off and the clock comes up then turns it on and it works...

bluetooth also seems to just turn off then she has to call back and reconnect..

anyone got any clues?
anyone had a fix yet?
Woodsa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #9
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exactly the same issues. Have taken it to Ford twice but it's too difficult for them to look into seriously, they seriously don't have enough knowledge / training about the Fiesta, or any other Euro Ford to be honest.
Old 22-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #10
ellwa

mine does it to.
try just hitting 'radio' or 'aux' etc...
ellwa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #11
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The only problem I've seen with that display is that I will fail anytime the outside air temp is over about 37C and just go blank. It comes back once the dash cools down a bit. You can be on a long drive and as the day gets warmer you'll say....... anytime soon the radio display will fail, then it craps out then goes blank. Quite funny really, obviously doesn't get that hot in Germany
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #12
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats pretty interesting. We've had 40+ deg days in a row in SA and never had the display fail. In saying that, we always use the sun reflectors when parked.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #13
geelong festy

I had various problems with my stereo and bonding problems with one of my iphone4's bluetooth connection in my 2010 WS Fiesta and contacted my local dealer Rex Gorrell in Geelong who provided a re-flash of the computer and I haven't had any problems since.
Cheers, geelong festy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in OZ
Hi Guys, have any of you seen the following or know if it is fixed when the car is reflashed at the first service?

From time to time (not always) I have noticed that when I get in the car insert and turn the key the radio starts as it should do but when I start the engine the radio volume stops working - the display shows the radio logo etc as normal. Turning the volume knob or pressing the remote pads does nothing. If I manualy turn the radio off (push the button) and turn it back on it starts working OK again.

I have also noticed that the bluetooth does not always bond with my phone (Nokia) when I get into the car. If I try a manual search with the phone it finds the ford audio but the ford unit does not bond and the phone keeps trying to bond. I have also 'debonded' the phone from the ford audio and started from scratch but the same issues cropped up again after a while. Also tried it with the wifes phone (Motarola)and have experienced the same issues.

Any help welcome. Has anyone else found any little niggles that we need to be aware of?
Fiesta WS, Milltek tubular exhaust manifold' 200 cell cat, full milltek stainless race system, j1 CAI, Bluefin remap, ford race shifter, Team Dynamics Race rims 17x7', Spax Coil Overs, iridium plugs, CFM 8.5mm leads, R1 drilled & grooved discs & ceramic pads, HEL braided s/s brake lines, econetic front under tray & fitting kit, CG Belt lock, Bridgestone RE002, Armster arm rest, Rack limiter, PowerFlex Bushes.

FOR SALE!!
geelong festy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post