Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #1

Default Au ute load capacity and towing capacity?

Hi guys

I have an AU1 XL ute which is an auto 6.

I am trying to find out what the load capacity is as far as i am aware you can get a 3/4 ton or 1 ton how can i tell the difference?

I just want to buy the correct tyres also it has 15 inch silver steelies on it atm which in my research i have found are the 1 ton steel wheels and it currently has 670kg tyres on it, im not sure what different tyres are out there?

and final question, i have 17 inch genuine xr alloys to go on does anyone know what these are rated?

also i cannot find a tyre placard anywhere it must be missing.

13101093 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Au ute load capacity and towing capacity?

hi mate,

the tyre placard should be in the door jamb on the driver's side b pillar usually. i don't know on those wheels, but they may have a weight rating stamped inside the rim on the back of one of the spokes.

if the wheels are ok, the next issue is tyres. i think mechan1k went through this back when he had his au ute, there aren't many manufacturers that make load rated 17's.

i don't know exactly how to tell the difference, but i was under the impression factory styleside utes were 750kg and factory cab chassis utes were 1 ton (with a flat bed tray), but i'm not certain on that one. if you can find that tyre placard it may have it on there. otherwise maybe on your rego papers?
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #3

Default Re: Au ute load capacity and towing capacity?

Cheers mate i dont have a tyre placard or owners manual so that makes it difficult.

But i have found my answer i think,

my GVM is 2740kg (on the VIN plate and rego papers) and according to the sales brochure found elsewhere on this webiste that makes my ute a styleside 1 tonner with the following stats (based on GVM)

GVM 2740kg
Payload 1100kg
Tow capacity 2300kg
Weight 1640kg
GCM 4790kg

Stock tyres P205/65 HR15 G26 Cargo tyre
Load rating 102 - 850kg
Speed R - 170km/h

Differential
3.23 HD

and having a quick poke underneath i found i have an lsd so that might support the fact it is a tonner along with the silver steel wheels. but it does mean that the current tyres (94 - 670kg load rating) are not the correct ones.
13101093 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post