Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-10-2011, 12:07 AM   #1
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Electric Windows

Ok, passenger side regulator was stuffed, drivers side was slow, brought 2 off ebay, 125 posted and fitted them up last week, passenger side is perfect now, drivers side is going up to 3/4 and window against pillar is moving out on angle, it did this but not like this beforehand, i notived on where you clip the top of regulator in that the opaque colored clip was bent and the new plastic upper clip wasnt secure, to stop this i heated up the clip and formed it back straight, greased track and cleaned it out, still cant work this out as to why it goes up skewed. Apart from that, the info here was spot on in doing this myself. Bit of cursing but doable. Any thoughts………?

Old 11-10-2011, 12:32 AM   #2
ryan101
Starter Motor

Default Re: Electric Windows

i have the same problem had new motors fitted in both passenger side is sweet but drivers side is good up until half way cant figure the problem out
ryan101 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2011, 01:02 AM   #3
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

mine tend to get funny with the buttons. had the terminals cleaned on the buttons and its worked for about a year, now its not working again. wont work in either passenger or driver controls. Could this be regulator issues or do the button terminals need recleaning?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
TheSly1

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza11
drivers side is going up to 3/4 and window against pillar is moving out on angle
sounds like the window regulator (the part inside the door with the arms and that holds the glass is no good, very common problem, remove and replace.. i like to put duct tape on the window and go over the top and back onto the other side of the window a few times, it should hold the glass so it wont drop when u have it out
TheSly1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #5
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes it seems to actually be an alignment problem with the drivers door window, as the window goes up on mine it gets half or two thirds the way up then window seems to hit a sloppy spot in the guide, and the top rearmost corner of the window digs into the channel and almost stalls the motor,
i`ve noticed if i hold a little force to keep the window forward it goes up like lightening, been meanig to tackle mine for a while but finding it hard to get motivated lately
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #6
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSly1
sounds like the window regulator (the part inside the door with the arms and that holds the glass is no good, very common problem, remove and replace.. i like to put duct tape on the window and go over the top and back onto the other side of the window a few times, it should hold the glass so it wont drop when u have it out
thanx for info, i am still a bit confused, where do you buy these and are they hard to fit?
Old 12-10-2011, 01:34 AM   #7
mongrelEF
Bugger!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always offers competent advice. Always willing to help out in person. Never negative towards another. Always respectful. Always offers viable suggestions for solutions. 

The crappy plastic plate that slides up and down wears out where it rubs on the metal. Last time mine went, i made a little metal plate insert to protect it. That worked well but took a lot of patience.....
Old 22-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #8
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you or anyone know where to get that crappy plate from? and i take it its the one on the door handle end. And how hard to fix. Thanks
Old 22-10-2011, 11:02 PM   #9
mongrelEF
Bugger!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always offers competent advice. Always willing to help out in person. Never negative towards another. Always respectful. Always offers viable suggestions for solutions. 

Nobody seems to stock one!
You'll find it's in the centre, the plate runs up and down the guide in the centre.
Old 24-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #10
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

To make your windows wind up like new, lubricate the channel rubbers with Silicon Spray lube.
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post